Moving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wicked nice. At those prices I'd rent too!

Been looking lately at places around us with garages, 'cuz now I want one too...

Originally Posted By: Delta
Thanks guys, it is a longer term rental while we are saving to buy a bigger house in the country. I work out of town most weeks currently, so no since buying right now with no time to do many projects. I'll pocket the extra cash for a nice down payment eventually. Gonna run us 775/mo, we are paying 695/mo for this 2 bedroom with no basement, garage, or much storage. Seems like alot, but most places like this go for 1K to 1.2K

Man they are giving that house away!! Beautiful house and KILLER deal,congrats!!
11.gif

Thanks guys! Got all moved in yesterday. I hope to not do that again for a while. Loaded the truck and unloaded pretty much within 24 hrs. There are boxes of stuff scattered everywhere, but the necessities are unpacked. Have off tomorrow so I get to hook up the new washer and run coax lines everywhere. Comcast was 2 weeks out, so I said screw it, turn it on at the street and I'll self install. It's an old house so naturally it's all old RG59 lines throughout. That's no bueno for HDTV and internet. Luckily the line coming from the pole is RG6.

So, I tried out the dishwasher last night. Didn't go so well. Found it was tied to the washing machine receptacle. I bumped the plug an I heard it kick back on. Uh oh. Traced the wire to which breaker it was and shut if off for the night. This is what I found today:

Yeah, that's a melted neutral. Someone back-stabbed the old receptacle. This never last and they always loosen up.

Yikes!

How old is that? I thought GND prong up was pretty new, yet that box looks ancient.

Nice house!

Too bad that the electric was shoddy in a crucial place. Makes you wonder what else was done poorly.

House was built in 54' so there is kind of a hodgepodge of wiring over the years. Most of it is done ok. But that pic is an example of why you don't backstab receptacles. The garage is a different story, not sure what is what. Even though it will be out of pocket, it'll be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back