Moving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we are really cramped for space at our place now and there is no garage. This place came up so we jumped on it quick. 3 bedroom, full basement, and nice 2 car separate garage. The owners are super awesome and they said I can do whatever I want with the garage. It is a gravel floor, but it's better than no garage! No more dew, frost, or snow on the cars! It does need a better electrical service and the owner is willing to help me with it. A small 60amp service and some nice 8' strip lights on the ceiling will make me happy! The upstairs space is almost finished, I will finish it for them and they will comp our rent for my time/materials. Onward to the pics!

Thanks guys, it is a longer term rental while we are saving to buy a bigger house in the country. I work out of town most weeks currently, so no since buying right now with no time to do many projects. I'll pocket the extra cash for a nice down payment eventually. Gonna run us 775/mo, we are paying 695/mo for this 2 bedroom with no basement, garage, or much storage. Seems like alot, but most places like this go for 1K to 1.2K

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
WOW, I pay that in Electric and gas can my wife move in ???

Dang! We have West Penn Power here and at the new place. Currently have all electric heating, my last power bill was $45... I'm sure cost will go up with having an oil furnace but we will only heat the first floor to about 62*. I'm going to get a kerosene heater for the garage for when I'm doing my woodworking or car projects in the winter. There is a fireplace that hasn't been used in a while. We are debating getting it cleaned out and inspected.

Wherever in South Pennsylvania that is, it's cheap and looks well kept. Good luck with your move and future endeavors in house hunting.

Nice brother! I'm happy for you! Separate garage = personal work / play space! It's nice to get a breather!

Originally Posted By: glock19
Looks like a nice place. Where is south PA? I grew up in York and I enjoy going back to PA to visit.

McConnellsburg, just off 522 and 30. We have family in Dover, so a quick hop on 30. It's a small town, but it has a Sheetz, everybody from PA, MD, and VA knows it's not a town unless you have a Sheetz!

Originally Posted By: Delta
Looks like a nice place. Where is south PA? I grew up in York and I enjoy going back to PA to visit.

McConnellsburg, just off 522 and 30. We have family in Dover, so a quick hop on 30. It's a small town, but it has a Sheetz, everybody from PA, MD, and VA knows it's not a town unless you have a Sheetz!

You're officially in the middle of nowhere, but as long as you can get an MTO there it's okay by me!

Originally Posted By: Delta

That's funny, I know exactly what you're talking about. I actually grew up in Dover right off Canal Rd. When I was there we didn't have Sheetz, we had a Toms in the square. I can't say I've ever been to McConnellsburg but the place looks great. Best of luck.

Got full possession today, so just gotta load the truck up this weekend. I hauled some tools and my detailing stuff over today. Wiring in the garage is kind of sketchy and I have to re-do the DIY special they did on the washing machine drain line. Snapped a couple pics of the garage.

Don't know the story on the lawnmower, but it is a Honda. Has oil and some stale gas in it, so it might be worth spending about $20 to try and get it to run. It's got alot of hours on it judging by the rear plastic tires. They are so bald someone stuck hex head screws in them for traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back