Move those Deer Crossings

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can move the signs, but you can't move stupid!
50.gif

John

This is so funny in so many ways.

It make me think that what we need here in Pennsylvania is special cross lights for the deer. That way the deer could safely cross. (please get the joke)

It's like an old Saturday Night Live - Emily Litella sketch... except she doesn't say "never mind" at the end.

I did like the picture of the deer at the cross walk. "Dum de dum de dum... waiting for the light to change."

At the end of the dialog, the broadcaster promises "to get the word out". Ironically, via the Internet, he actually does "get the word out".

Last edited:
My pet peeve is why the press and political pundits regarding our upcoming Presidential election are always talking about what the Poles indicate. Since when do guys in Poland follow our elections so closely?

And who are these Gallup Pole people? How are they different from regular Poles?

LOL!!

It's a skit guys...a joke, and the joke is on those who believe that the woman calling in is real.

Think about it. You hear 3 voices, none of which is even remotely similar to a North Dakota/Minnesota dialect, which is quite distinctive.

Originally Posted By: KB2008X
LOL!!

It's a skit guys...a joke, and the joke is on those who believe that the woman calling in is real.

Think about it. You hear 3 voices, none of which is even remotely similar to a North Dakota/Minnesota dialect, which is quite distinctive.

I hope you are correct, but the scary thing is we all know that there are people out there who make someone like that seem intelligent.

Funny video.

I agree with JimPghPA. In this day and age I would not be surprised in the least with a person "thinking" like the caller.

KB2008X, I'm sorry, but not everyone in Minnesota and North Dakota are born and raised there, especially radio hosts. I lived in Michigan's Upper Peninsula for a number of years, yet never acquired the Yooper dialect.

So ya, den youse think I shuut talk like Toivo, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yooper_dialect

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
Originally Posted By: KB2008X
LOL!!

I hope you are correct, but the scary thing is we all know that there are people out there who make someone like that seem intelligent.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with you, there is no shortage of dolts in this world and many of them do drive.

It might be a skit, but it's based on reality for a lot of folks.

Daylight savings started last weekend, and people are already moaning about their curtains and carpet fading, that the dairy cows will be reducing their output (this latter by our local radio DJ)...

When I was working in power transmission, there was a huge debate going on in Sydney, over families who had bought cheap new properties under power lines, and only after moving in discovered the "truth" about how dangerous they are and wanted them pulled down and relocated.

One evening news "service" had an "expert" on during the article, explaining how dangerous HV power lines are. After the obligatory dull glow of a fluoro tube when held vertically under the lines, he explained that it was obvious how dangerous power lines were, as no trees grew beneath them...

Ditto on the folks who buy a house near an airport, then get agitated that there's planes flying low overhead.

"obvious how dangerous power lines were, as no trees grew beneath them..."
Ha, ha, ha, ha
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You just can't make this stuff up.

Down in Louisville, KY they are dealing with the same issues. Aging whiskey causes a black mold to grow on everything in the vicinity of the distilleries' warehouses. Some home owners can't understand and are suing because the distillery shouldn't make mold grow everywhere and should make it stop- this all after they've been told it's natural and if it poses an issue, the distillery will come to your house and remove it for free.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
... he explained that it was obvious how dangerous power lines were, as no trees grew beneath them...

OMG, I totally believe it! For some reason, the branches on the bushes in the easement below the power lines in the back of my property disappear every few years. It's as though there's a 10-foot force field around the power lines.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Originally Posted By: Shannow
... he explained that it was obvious how dangerous power lines were, as no trees grew beneath them...

OMG, I totally believe it! For some reason, the branches on the bushes in the easement below the power lines in the back of my property disappear every few years. It's as though there's a 10-foot force field around the power lines.

Around these parts, we refer to that force field as "Asplundt". It's a very noisy force field, as I recall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back