Mouthwash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gargle with Auto RX, followed by a swish or 2 with rotella 5-40, and brush with PP 5/20

My dentist says I have the cleanest and slickest teeth in town

Originally Posted By: GoHeels1981
I gargle with Auto RX, followed by a swish or 2 with rotella 5-40, and brush with PP 5/20

My dentist says I have the cleanest and slickest teeth in town

Yeah, but do you change your gargle every 5000 swishes? Or are you going for extended mouth protection?

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Yeah, but do you change your gargle every 5000 swishes? Or are you going for extended mouth protection?

LOL.gif

Anyway, I use Scope. It seems to work OK, but I don't use it daily.

Originally Posted By: GoHeels1981
I gargle with Auto RX

It only cleans between the teeth -- where you can't see but just feel it.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

LOL.gif

Anyway, I use Scope. It seems to work OK, but I don't use it daily.

Do your friends notice?

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
My wife uses this stuff: http://www.preventionlabs.com/antibacterial.php
Main ingredients (glanced at label last night) are zinc and hydrigen peroxide (NO ALCOHOL). Wweb page has link to MSDS with ingredent list. Our dentist recommended it. They have a variety of other products including several mouth rinses/washes. I buy it at Walgreens, Meijer has carried their products, but not sure if they do anymore.

All I use is ACT Fluoride, and that's to protect the roots of my teeth (yeah, I am getting long in the tooth
LOL.gif
)

We just picked up some of the preventionlabs mouthwash thursday,so far we like it
thumbsup2.gif

All of the following inexpensive pharmaceutical quality substances can be used to make slightly antiseptic mouthwash by adding a drop or two to a glass of water:

- tea tree oil
- clove oil
- myrrh tincture (myrrh extract in alcohol -- it's a minute amount of alcohol)

Originally Posted By: moribundman
[SNIP]
Triclosan and other antimicrobial substances: only a completely blissful ignoramus will put that pesticide willingly in his mouth (mouthwash/toothpaste) or anywhere else (deoderant).
[/SNIP]

A GREAT BIG +1.

Triclosan's chemical structure is not too far removed from the dioxins which scares the bleep-double-blank-censored out of me that they allow it in oral consumables. Reminds me of 2,2' methylenebis(3,5,6 trichlorophenol) aka hexachlorophene.

I'd rather use pentachlorophenol if I need chlorinated hydrocarbons in my mouthwash!!!!!

Cepacol has cetylpyridinium chloride, I remember buying a case of it at Liquidation World (?name?) a few years ago. I liked the taste of it and it was dirt-cheap there.

I use either Listerine green stuff or Scope, whichever is at Costco.

Warning! Scary message from an Olde Farte.

If you use alcohol based mouthwash, and have kids, keep it away from them. Some brands were/are 20% alcohol (equals 40 proof). Had an eight year girl who saw Mom/Dad use it, used it herself and DRANK half the bottle. Ended up in our ER, unconscious and unresponsive, with acute alcohol poisoning. Spent the night in the ICU. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back