Motul xclean 5w40 gen2, 3700 miles on oil/6 month oci. 2016 Subaru wrx. Fa20dit

Details??? I've owned 3 of them. 2015,2016,2018 wrx. All had issues with lspi. Early wrx, ie 15 and 16 were so bad, they had factory updates to the tunes. Both the 15 and 18 had replacement l9ng blocks under warranty due to lspi.

You want pictures of LSPI events??? I'll need you and the person liking your comment to donate a few million dollars for specialty equipment, then I'll be more than happy to provide such pictures.

If you're looking for pictures of damaged fadit engines due to lspi, Google is your friend.
I realize it's probably too much to ask but can you tone down the snark and provide something helpful?

I'm aware that there was a recall or TSB in 2016. But other than that, I have seen more failures from bro-tunes than true LSPI events. Some of the warranty replacements on long blocks that I've seen were tuned and the tune was removed for the warranty claim.

Most of what I've seen is about LSPI is just general conversation about it, such as this info at https://www.flatironstuning.com/blog/what-is-low-speed-pre-ignition. Yes, the 2.0DIT absolutely has it's weaknesses but it wasn't really plagued with LSPI problems that I'm aware of. I'd appreciate something more definitive of LSPI in the FA20DIT and "google is your friend" isn't very helpful.

I did find this thread. But it really just theoretical and covers common sense driving practices to avoid LSPI.

2. Engine Load - even in stock form, we can severely harm these engines by going WOT (wide-open-throttle) at low RPM's in 5th/6th gear. This can be harmful due to the high load/stress on the engine, possible lubrication issues and increased chance for LSPI. Can cause permanent damage to the engine block/rods, again even in stock form. So, we should mimic how an Automatic Transmission would react, being that if it would downshift, we should downshift. If planning to dig into the boost, try to start with the RPM's around 2.5k or higher. Also recommended for stock form, to keep redline visits short to reduce engine strain.

Not saying that you are wrong. Maybe I just followed the EJ and the FA24 more closely since that's what I've had/have.
Please let me know where I can send a check for a few million dollars for you to purchase specialty equipment and I'll send it immediately.

Reactions: a5m
I realize it's probably too much to ask but can you tone down the snark and provide something helpful?

I'm aware that there was a recall or TSB in 2016. But other than that, I have seen more failures from bro-tunes than true LSPI events. Some of the warranty replacements on long blocks that I've seen were tuned and the tune was removed for the warranty claim.

Most of what I've seen is about LSPI is just general conversation about it, such as this info at https://www.flatironstuning.com/blog/what-is-low-speed-pre-ignition. Yes, the 2.0DIT absolutely has it's weaknesses but it wasn't really plagued with LSPI problems that I'm aware of. I'd appreciate something more definitive of LSPI in the FA20DIT and "google is your friend" isn't very helpful.

I did find this thread. But it really just theoretical and covers common sense driving practices to avoid LSPI.

Not saying that you are wrong. Maybe I just followed the EJ and the FA24 more closely since that's what I've had/have.
Please let me know where I can send a check for a few million dollars for you to purchase specialty equipment and I'll send it immediately.
I don't know what kind of proof you need besides the 3 examples of the cars I've owned that had this issue, all engines running stock tunes, all engines been replaced by the factory under warranty. If you are looking for pictures, that's why I referenced Google to you. Both pictures and plenty of stories.

I'm sorry, Subaru is just not there with direct injection yet. DI and the FA is a newer venture for them. Couple that with twin scroll, sub par turning, it's a bad recipe. Ecu logic should take into consideration every driving characteristic, including dumb drivers going wot in top gear.

Combine all that with subpar metallurgy, machining, it's just a bad engine. The rods in the fa20dit go elastic and Crack piston skirts. What kind of **** is that???

Heck, they're not even able to correctly seal their engines without using too much silicone and clogging oil pickups on brz's.

I know you own one and don't want to hear it. It's totally normal to justify your purchase.

Facts are facts.

Let's not mention the

Back