Motul VAG-Spec (502.00/505.00) 5W-40 Discontinued ?

I have used this oil for the last number of years in my 2004 Audi TT3.2 S-Line Coupe. However, it has
been hard to find for the last year + or so, and now is pretty much gone from the Internet. Did Motul
discontinue it ? (Good luck getting an email reply from them, and there is no obvious phone contact....)
If so, can I assume the best (Motul) replacement is 8100 X-cess gen2 5W-40 ?
TIA !

Yes, all signs were pointing to replacement with that (current) Motul product. Perhaps it
is not cost effective to have these mfr specific oils, esp for the aftermarket ?
For now, I still have many miles left on my (last) VAG-spec oil fill....

Yes, all signs were pointing to replacement with that (current) Motul product. Perhaps it
is not cost effective to have these mfr specific oils, esp for the aftermarket ?
For now, I still have many miles left on my (last) VAG-spec oil fill....
Take into consideration that of all Full-SAPS specifications VW502.00 was the least stringent. I have never seen the case for VW502.00 Specific next to X-Cess which had MB229.5, BMW LL01, and Porsche A40, all more stringent.
GEN2 is exceptional oil considering KV100 and HTHS.

Are there any voa/uoa of that Motul specific oil out there?

Idem, I don't see the point of this Motul specific next to other Motul oils with the same VW approval, but back in the PD TDI days I have seen it advertised for TDI services in some parts stores service dpts.
Maybe the point was cost, in some countries where Motul oil isn't overpriced?

Are there any voa/uoa of that Motul specific oil out there?

Idem, I don't see the point of this Motul specific next to other Motul oils with the same VW approval, but back in the PD TDI days I have seen it advertised for TDI services in some parts stores service dpts.
Maybe the point was cost, in some countries where Motul oil isn't overpriced?
But that was 505.01 specific. Still, any oil that was approved for VW505.01 had to meet specific guidelines for that approval.

I don't think the port-injected 3.2 VR6 is that demanding on oil. It likely will be happy with any proper VW 502 00, 504 00 or 511 00 approved oil.

LOL.
I always wondered about these specific Motul specifications. What was the point?
Apart from having the spec numbers written in big in the front of the jug?
I didn't check their linup in details but it always appeared to me they had multiple oils covering the same specs, usually one "specific" and one more "generalist".

Maybe to get more shelves real estate in stores? In their country the market in car parts stores or supermarkets is pretty much shared between Shell, Total, Motul and the distributors brands.

Apart from having the spec numbers written in big in the front of the jug?
I didn't check their linup in details but it always appeared to me they had multiple oils covering the same specs, usually one "specific" and one more "generalist".

Maybe to get more shelves real estate in stores? In their country the market in car parts stores or supermarkets is pretty much shared between Shell, Total, Motul and the distributors brands.
Yeah, I think it was a marketing move, nothing else.

Back