Motul or Mobil for Tucson 1.6t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Who knows which oil should I use for my 2017 Tucson 1.6t FWD limited. Here in Georgia🇬🇪 I have only two options Mobil or Motul. I have to choose between those 3 oils.
1) Motul 8100 Eco-nergy 5w30 ACEA a5/b5
2) Mobil super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5w30 a5/b5

Last edited:
If the Owner's Manual recommends ACEA A5/B5, you're good with either. Both are trusted brands and would do a fine job.

I love my motul oils. I'd go that route. If you have any way of finding out what the NOACK is on both of them I'd consider that too. But I think you'll find the Motul to be the better oil.

Edit: just took a quick look. Motul has a much higher flash point (226*C to 192*C) cSt is close at 10.0 vs 9.8. TBN on mobil not available, 10.3 for the Motul. I'd suggest by the flash point the Motul NOACK will probably be lower.

If you want to get creative, do a VOA on the oils and compare. If not I'd go Motul all the way.

Last edited:
Whichever is easier and cheaper for you to source. I'm a personal fan of Motul, for absolutely no reason besides fanboyism where I have no concrete proof that it is better; but I don't care, it makes me happy
smile.gif

Either one works, go with the best price. Hyundai uses ACEA certs outside of the US, but A1/B1 and A5/B5 are somewhat aligned with API SM/SN and ILSAC GF-5.

I'm not a Motul fan, mostly because their oils are seen as boutique items carried at snobby shops and motorcycle dealers. In Europe, it's more common since Motul is French but operates like Motorex - independent of an major company like Agip/Eni, Fuchs(who owns Silkolene and Pentosin), Shell and Total.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BucDan
Whichever is easier and cheaper for you to source. I'm a personal fan of Motul, for absolutely no reason besides fanboyism where I have no concrete proof that it is better; but I don't care, it makes me happy
smile.gif

Motul cheaper and always available. Mobil is produced in USA, maybe because of this it's a little bit more expensive

Originally Posted by Zohan
smile.gif

Motul cheaper and always available. Mobil is produced in USA, maybe because of this it's a little bit more expensive

Then the market there decided it for you already. No reason to pay more, unlike us here as it's not as common.

Originally Posted by Zohan
smile.gif

Then the market there decided it for you already. No reason to pay more, unlike us here as it's not as common.

Yes, you are right mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back