Motul 8100 X-Clean+ 5W-30 1705 miles, Audi R8v10

Oil was changed on time i.e. 12 months. Unusually low mileage this year due to lockdown and personal reasons. Nothing remarkable noted, KV100 at 12.0cSt is sturdy.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 18.11.03.png

Reactions: a5m
12cst? Starting KV100 is 11.6 as far as I know.
Without a VOA on this particular batch there is no way of knowing the starting KV100. The latest data sheet states KV100 at 11.8 and TBN of 6.7 - a previous data sheet from 2014 states 11.7 and 6.0 respectively. Many of the manufacturers use the term "typical performance characteristics" (admittedly not Motul) to indicate that these are for guidance and not absolute numbers for every batch that leaves the blending plant.

With a bit of additional digging on the manufacturer websites, you can see from some of the VOA posted on this forum that there are very wide margins in KV100 between the VOA and the spec sheets. The Havoline ProDS 5W30 that someone recently posted is a good example - 11.05 vs 11.8. Havoline ProDS

I mean, the oil held up and all, everything looks good... but that's playing 2nd fiddle right now to the sweet car that you're driving. I love the Audi R8!

Without a VOA on this particular batch there is no way of knowing the starting KV100. The latest data sheet states KV100 at 11.8 and TBN of 6.7 - a previous data sheet from 2014 states 11.7 and 6.0 respectively. Many of the manufacturers use the term "typical performance characteristics" (admittedly not Motul) to indicate that these are for guidance and not absolute numbers for every batch that leaves the blending plant.

With a bit of additional digging on the manufacturer websites, you can see from some of the VOA posted on this forum that there are very wide margins in KV100 between the VOA and the spec sheets. The Havoline ProDS 5W30 that someone recently posted is a good example - 11.05 vs 11.8. Havoline ProDS
Yeah, I agree with that. That means that oil basically did not shear at all. Granted, UOA do have bit of deviation.

edy looking at the tech data sheet:

kv 100 - 11.9
kv 40 - 69
hths- 3.5
pour point -36

its probably not of much pao, isnt it? do you think has more esters than pao in synthesis? don't think its a 10.000km oil. whats with this oil and oxidation?

Back