Motul 8100 ETech 0W30 2500km Nissan 07 Pathfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
PathfinderEngine.jpg

I'm putting this Motul analysis up to start at a low mileage baseline but will be leaving the oil in for probably 10,000 kms or more with other periodic analysis added. The oil is Motul 8100 ETech Lite 0W-30 with 2500kms in a Nissan 2007 Pathfinder V6 VQ40 engine with 33500 kms, no top ups as the engine doesn't use oil. The oil filter is a Purolator Pure 1 and air filter is OEM paper. The driving is mainly normal summer stop and go city and freeway with no towing or roof rack. Truck fuel mileage is about 26 mpg using some hypermiling and just driving slow and easy.

The engineer who does the analysis still doesn't like the amounts of silicon in the Pathfinder engine and why he flagged the oil condition as abnormal, but from reading these Nissan engines show some silicon from seals, a couple more oil analysis should tell a story. The coolant in the truck only contains 46 ppm of silicon and stays at the same level so I don't think silicon levels are from coolant, but if any have other comments please post them.

Last edited:
When did Motul start cutting back on their additive levels. Lately all the Motul additive packages I have seen mostly 8100 have all looked week. Is this a trend or just the 8100 line up? Motul used to have some heavy hitting oils with levels right up their with Redline in terms of beefiness! Do not get me wrong it is still a nice oil it just does not look like what I remember from Motul's oils is all! So when I say weak I am not compareing it to an SM dino 5W30 I mean as compared to what I remember from a few years ago that is all!

It will be intersting to see how it does. It has just barely enough Zink and Calcium to make it a contender for an extended drain oil with decent TBN retension depending one what forms of ZDDP and Calcium they used.

Thanks John, looking at the newer replacement Porsche approved Motul oils and Amsoil SM type motor oils I don't see many treatment metals which leads me to think that as we get further into low SAPS and API SN type oils in the next years those metals will be replaced with esters and polymers doing the same work but undetectable to specrometers.

Following is the new Motul 8100 X-lite ester 0W-30 API SM replacement for the Motul 8100 ETech Lite API SL 0W-30 VOA, but I don't understand how this new oil gets to called an API SM;

MotulX-lite0W30.jpg

Last edited:
Well certainly check the filter cover and the duct from the filter to the intake. But with Al/Cr = 0 and Fe = 3, its not dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back