Motul 300V Factory Line 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I'm hoping to benefit from the expert knowledge on this site. I have a 2005 Lotus Elise with the Toyota 2ZZ-GE engine. I would like to change the oil and have on hand some Motul 300V Factory Line 5W40. Would this m/c racing oil be compatable with the Elise?

Being motorcyle oil, I wouldn't recommend its use. They make 300V for car engines in their "Double Ester" range so go for that!

Quote:

Hi all. I'm hoping to benefit from the expert knowledge on this site. I have a 2005 Lotus Elise with the Toyota 2ZZ-GE engine. I would like to change the oil and have on hand some Motul 300V Factory Line 5W40. Would this m/c racing oil be compatable with the Elise?

Is that the supercharged 2zz-ge or the N/A version? Either way those motors run very high RPM...9000 redline or there about. I am also informed that the valves are hydraulically operated and are sensitive to viscosity and beat the oil to foam quite easily, therefore Motul 300V would be a good choice.
Have a look at the Motul 300V 5-30 Double Ester, I think it’s a bit better suited to that application.

m/c oil should just have more additives, no?
mix it w/ PCMO, don't use it straight.

what weight oil does Lotus rec'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back