Motul 300V 5W-30, 3622 miles, 2003 BMW E46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

Order of oil reports; 2014 = Motul 300V 5W-30 EsterCore, 2013 = German Castrol 0W-30, 2011 = Motul 300V 5W-40 (whatever it was called before EsterCore).

Amazing how similar the viscosities are for the latest Motul 300V 5W-30 and the German Castrol 0W-30 (this was indeed German Castrol, not Belgium).

My BMW seemed to like this latest Motul 300V 5W-30 EsterCore the best.

I also included a VOA of the Motul 300V 5W-30 EsterCore so you can compare it to the UOA. Oil for UOA and VOA was from the same batch.

By the way, I use German-made Hengst air and oil filters.

Enjoy,

Scott

The VOA of the oil used for the 2014 UOA:

The car:

Why such short intervals? Oil is clearly capable of much more.

If you were testing it, that's one thing, but here you have proof that oil will go 2-3 times what you are doing...

I guess if you can afford it change the oil as you like.....but it's a bit of a environmental waste because the oil is just getting warmed up, and really could do 10-12k as per the OLM. And even if it take you a year, or three, to accumulate the mileage, it wouldn't matter. I've got a e36 M3 with almost 190k using GC 0-30 per te OLM and the valve train is still very clean and the engine runs great. Really most synthetics take 3-4k to settle down and stop initial wear and burn off. My car has always used about 1-1.5 qts top off during the 10-12k OCI. So there is a bit of replenishment which keeps the TBN strong. Just my thoughts. Good looking coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back