Motul 300V 0w20, Honda Civic Si, 5800 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car felt great with this oil, but it did go through 1.5qts of make-up oil over the 5800 mile interval. It's not excessive for a Honda that sees a lot of revs. I've got a Hondata ECU (+1000rpm redline) and ran an AEM CAI for all but the final 1,000 miles of this sample.

Miles on car 20,956
Miles on oil 5,800

Cu 4
Fe 17
Cr 0
Al 17
Pb 0
Mo 967
Ph 1407
Zn 1619
Mg 1531
Ca 2367

Si 17
S 10% of allowable
Oxidation 56% of allowable
Nitration 21% of allowable

Antifreeze 0.0
Fuel dilution N
H20 0.0
Vis 9.28

This was done by Schaeffer's and they don't test for TBN. All in all, I'd say it's a very good report considering the CAI (increased Si) and the extensive miles for the 300V. This oil looks like it could easily do 8,000 miles in a car with a stock intake.

Yeah, with a stock intake, it'd be hard to imagine any wear happening between the double ester and the outrageous additive package. I had heard that 300V couldn't run long OCIs, but this looked pretty good at 5800 miles.

Motul 300v double ester also caused elevated wear in mine. And I also got a top end leak after using this oil. VOAs show that 300v starts off with elevated silicon (anti-foamant).

quote:

Originally posted by Ken4:
Motul 300v double ester also caused elevated wear in mine. And I also got a top end leak after using this oil. VOAs show that 300v starts off with elevated silicon (anti-foamant).

In that case, my CAI actually did a decent job of filtering. It was on for almost 5,000 miles of this UOA.

This might be an oil you have to run a few times before oil consumption drops.

I would be worried about that aluminum if this was a summer OCI. In the japanese OHC engines I've seen, the cam bearings are integrated in the aluminum cylinder head casting, and elevated aluminum can relate to cam bearing wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back