Motul 0W8 Has Same Viscosity as a 40 Grade Oil

There are so many issues with the OP's thread starting post I have no idea where to start. but happily many have already pointed out the issues.
🤦‍♂️

While there is no doubt that Motul is a good brand of oil, I doubt their 0W-8 is going to do anything magical that anyone else's 0W-8 can't do. And I highly doubt it's viscosity is "the same" as a 10W-40 at temperature. That makes no sense at all.

Your cars are begging for this juice, @AEHaas. You know it... Let 'em have it... And let us see the carnage.

s-l400.jpg

The parts are losing mix/hydrodynamic lubrication. No speed, and the oil film essentially goes to zero.
"No speed" & "piston slows to a stops" ???

Not according to that one thread a while back. You remember? :alien:
That discussion would have been a good fit for here! :)

"No speed" & "piston slows to a stops" ???

Not according to that one thread a while back. You remember? :alien:
That discussion would have been a good fit for here! :)
Yeah, that was a stellar thread, lol. There isn't enough piston speed at TDC or BDC to support any hydrodynamic or mixed lubrication. Also, there is less mixed and hydrodynamic lubrication of moving parts at idle then there is at higher RPM.

if i remember correctly i believe that performance oils RACING oil 0W8in a pro stocker over a thousand hp was about 12 centistokes during the short 1/4 mile run due to lower oil temps!!

Back