Motrlube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever hear of Motrlube? It sells synthetic (PAO basestock) motor oil in the 10w40 weight. Made right here in my home province of Alberta!
canada.gif

Any experiences or opinions on their products?

I use Motrlube in all my vehicles (6), two of which are diesels (Jetta TDI, 96 f350 PSD). I was previously using Mobil 1 in all of the gas vehicles and Mobil Delvac in the Diesels. In the gas motors I saw an immediate 1mpg increase across the board and virtual elimination of engine vibration in my 89 F150 (300 C.I. I6) above 3,200 RPM. In the Jetta I stopped having to clean the EGR every 6-8 months and in the PSD I got an extra .5 mpg, no other changes. I run to 15K miles with 2 filter changes on the gassers and 10K with 1 filter change in the diesels. The oil still has alot of life left at the change but I'm not trying to get overzealous. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dennis

Thats a brand I am not aware of and would love to see some specs posted,D Hill have you any UOA to share too ?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Terry

Unfortunately, I don't. I had heard about it from a friend who lives in Alberta, Canada who put it in his 86 Saab 40,000 miles ago and has done nothing but filter changes every 10k miles. He had a sample tested at 30k and it came back in very good shape, so he's gonna try for 60k. I'll ask him if he still has the test results next time I speak with him. Here's the link to Motrlube: http://www.motrlube.com Garnet Stacy is the distributor for North America so I'll ask him for test results tomorrow. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dennis

Fixed Link

[ December 28, 2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

I'm coming up on my 7,500 filter change on my 89 F150 in a bit, so I'll be sending a sample for testing then. I had it tested before at 10,000 in my wife's cougar,(came back very good and close to 100%) and recently in my T-bird as 15,000, but I misplaced the results when I gutted my garage to install a lift. javascript:void(0)I'll post the results as soon as I get another sample tested.

Cheers,

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back