"Motorenzimmer" recommends Petronas 5w-40 for C63 AMG

23:12 Mercedes-Benz, Betriebsstoffverordnung and then the oil, Petronas Synthium 3000 (with a supposedly "trick" to make the oil run cooler.. as a a former A student in physical Chemistry would like to see the paper on that but Motorenzimmer says he's seen it on the gauges). (In German)

clickbait
There does no 'cooling trick oil' exist, period.
How is this "clickbait"?
I did not put that claim in the title (and also expressed my skepticism to it)
But what an absolute Icon like Motorenzimmer has to say, is always interesting and english captioning exists with a couple of clicks.

Last edited:
no different from liqui moly shills
I am sorry fellas, some of the commenters are losing me today.

What is a "Liquid Moly shill"?
And why would Herr Zimmer one of the most famous hard core AMG techs in Germany, no Europe, , who is known not to take sponsorship money, (or I for posting one of his vids) be a Shill?

Maybe I did a poor job captioning the video or maybe such special interest videos are now, unlike 20 years ago, beyond the ken of member's interests and subject to snarky remarks?

Last edited:
I am sorry fellas, some of the commenters are losing me today.

What is a "Liquid Moly shill"?
And why would Herr Zimmer one of the most famous hard core AMG techs in Germany, no Europe, , who is known not to take sponsorship money, (or I for posting one of his vids) be a Shill?

Maybe I did a poor job captioning the video or maybe such special interest videos are now, unlike 20 years ago, beyond the ken of member's interests and subject to snarky remarks?
Petronas is Mercedes first fill. Petronas gained access in Europe after acquiring Selenia (excellent oil manufacturer who supplied FIAT/Alfa Romeo/Lancia). They sponsor MB F1 team, AMG etc.
There is nothing special about it. Petronas is not boutique oil, it is common oil today in Europe and Asia.
They are absent from the US market and MB still uses here Mobil1.
Liqui Moly shill is that Liqui Moly is shameless marketer telling people that if they buy their oil they will go to heave with 77 virgins, as long as Made in Germany sign is large enough.

Well, if the oil is thinner to start, and/or shears down quickly, it would run a little cooler (less friction losses), with an associated tiny gain of HP & MPG. Hard to believe it would be that drastic, though.

Back