Motorcraft XY 75W-140 QL Synthetic Gear Oil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know WHO makes this for them (Castrol??), and if it has any PAO/POE base stocks in it, or boron for that matter?
21.gif

(I would hope so as far as the group 4/5 go, since it costs a VERY pretty penny, and is right up there with Millers CRX, Torco SGO, and Motul, and MORE THAN Red Line in price.)

When I did the first OC on my rear axle, I used the MC you are describing. For my next OC, I went with Amsoil Severe Gear due to cost of the MC and not having to go to the dealer to pick it up.

While I cannot directly answer your question, I can say that you can use a multitude of other gear oils and achieve the same results for a less cost.

Hope this helps!

I honestly have no idea who makes it for Ford. When I changed the gear oil on the '14 at 5k miles I used Amsoil 75W140. The Track Pack has drain and fill plugs on the cover so it was easy.

One thing that is nice about the Motorcraft fluid is it does not have limited slip additive already mixed in so it is safe for open diffs.

Thanks all.

I just wanted to try it, since I've heard many good things about it.

But yes, it does cost up into the Millers, etc. price range, even though I can get it for ~$18.50/quart + tax.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/

http://engineers.ihs.com/document/abstract/USCHSCAAAAAAAAAA

THANKS!
thumbsup2.gif

That second link explains why it has a lower V.I. than my current Synpower fill.
It also confirms a group 4 base stock component.
smile.gif

Hopefully, the Motorcraft product contains even more boron in it's add pack than the Ashland one as well.

I believe I will try this next diff fluid change, even though the Synpower seems to make my somewhat noisy ring and pinion the quietest of anything I've tried yet, (I'm guessing due to it's boron content??), and can be had for $11.50/qt. on sale at NAPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back