Motorcraft XT5QMC alternatives?

Check and see if there is a smaller auto parts supply store that caters more to repair shops. Not big box store. We have one in my town called United Auto Supply and they carry everything Motorcraft and AC Delco at reasonable prices. Last year had to change transmission fluid on the suv and got a 5 quart jug of Mercon LV for $21.
That’s cheap! Thanks for the tip!

I’m in a group on Facebook that is run by one of the guys that assisted in developing the 4R70W with Jerry Wrobleski that religiously recommends using it. I don’t know if 4R70W’s run a tad hot from factory but that is what is constantly preached by him and everyone in that group that either daily drives, tows, or races with that trans. So with that said that is the reason why I considered it
Most of the transmission rebuilders I've used have stated that quality fluid, with oversize pan and auxiliary cooler, combined with regular maintenance (or at least regularly checking fluid level, operating temperature, & condition) will do more good than changing to syn without doing any other modifications.

Most of the transmission rebuilders I've used have stated that quality fluid, with oversize pan and auxiliary cooler, combined with regular maintenance (or at least regularly checking fluid level, operating temperature, & condition) will do more good than changing to syn without doing any other modifications.
I’m starting to lean towards that too.. I’m religious with maintenance (keep an entire journal on my phone) and I check the fluids every 2 weeks anyways

I’m in a group on Facebook that is run by one of the guys that assisted in developing the 4R70W with Jerry Wrobleski that religiously recommends using it. I don’t know if 4R70W’s run a tad hot from factory but that is what is constantly preached by him and everyone in that group that either daily drives, tows, or races with that trans. So with that said that is the reason why I considered it
Yes I’d be hard-pressed to identify a more authoritative source of technical automotive information than a Facebook group. Is that also where you learned that synthetic ATF burns up clutches?

Yes I’d be hard-pressed to identify a more authoritative source of technical automotive information than a Facebook group. Is that also where you learned that synthetic ATF burns up clutches?
I understand the sarcasm, but if the guy running the group helped develop the transmission itself as a Ford Engineer, I’m not going to be ignorant towards his recommendations. Kinda like knowing what’s best for your kid vs. another parent telling you what to do.

The burned up clutch issue was a thread I read on this site from 2008’ish.

Back