Motorcraft syn-blend - Does it still have it's place?

Doing the change in my son's (my former) '13 Focus and decided to go with ST HM 5W20. Been MC Syn Blend for 112K miles/8 years. $18/5qt jug vs. $15 for full syn seems not such a great deal.

Doing the change in my son's (my former) '13 Focus and decided to go with ST HM 5W20. Been MC Syn Blend for 112K miles/8 years. $18/5qt jug vs. $15 for full syn seems not such a great deal.
With a long history of MC blend, does it appear clean when viewed through the fill cap?

I’d say Motorcraft is being more honest than others over calling it a blend or a semi …
Have my doubts on some of the store brand “synthetic“ at that price …

I’d say Motorcraft is being more honest than others over calling it a blend or a semi …
Have my doubts on some of the store brand “synthetic“ at that price …

only reason I don’t buy it anymore is it’s almost $19~ at wal Mart 🤔🤔

Reactions: 4WD
The question to me is not semi-syn vs full-syn but rather, why to pay the premium for the motorcraft name on your oil? I'm not shy at all about mixing syn and dino together if I want a mix for cost reduction, but it's such a small reduction these days.

Once it's in the vehicle, nobody including the vehicle knows if it's MC or not. There was once a time when the automaker brand on a product was some assurance of quality, but once the internet ramped up, this became not worth as much money as it once was.

Back