Motorcraft syn-blend - Does it still have it's place?

To start off, I'm considering this because I just picked up an '18 Mustang GT, PP1 car. So naturally, I'm thinking about what oil I'd like to run.

One of the considerations is to keep it with Motorcraft oil and filters, as it is the manufacturer's oil and recommended right in the owner's manual. But - is there a place in the market for a ~$19/5qt syn blend oil, with the inexpensive fully synthetic oils out there? What does the hive-mind think?

To start off, I'm considering this because I just picked up an '18 Mustang GT, PP1 car. So naturally, I'm thinking about what oil I'd like to run.

One of the considerations is to keep it with Motorcraft oil and filters, as it is the manufacturer's oil and recommended right in the owner's manual. But - is there a place in the market for a ~$19/5qt syn blend oil, with the inexpensive fully synthetic oils out there? What does the hive-mind think?
What does the manual require?

The local Advance Auto still sells a fair amount of the Motorcraft syn. blend oil according an employee there I talked with a while back when discussing which oils are good sellers, and which are not, at least in this locale.

What does the manual require?
They recommend Motorcraft oil and spec WSS-M2C945-A (5w-20 spec), or for extreme cold conditions WSS-M2C947-A (0w-20 equivalent). If not available, API SN of the same viscosity. So I have a wide range of options. The manual also recommends 5w-30 for track use, and I'd be fine using that viscosity if I had any compelling reason to do so.

Sure it still has it’s place. I use synthetic blend in my Escape but not the Motorcraft as they don’t sell a 5W-20 in the Motorcraft blend at my Walmart so I use Valvoline instead.

I think it is a great product. But when Magnatec is on sale for $18- nope not a good deal then.

Magnatec, Supertech, Havoline ProDS, and QSUD are the class of oils that really make me question if $37.34 at my local Walmart is worth it for 10qt of the Motorcraft. But, as I said there is an appeal to using the Ford oil in a Ford car. How much performance does a quality blend leave on the table compared to a value full-syn?

Magnatec, Supertech, Havoline ProDS, and QSUD are the class of oils that really make me question if $37.34 at my local Walmart is worth it for 10qt of the Motorcraft. But, as I said there is an appeal to using the Ford oil in a Ford car. How much performance does a quality blend leave on the table compared to a value full-syn?
I really don't think the engine will ever know as long as you keep up the maintenance.

If I were you I wouldn't overthink which oil to use. I ran a Ford over 500K miles on various brands of 10w40 conventional oil. That was in the days when conventional wasn't synthetic blend. Ford doesn't make Motorcraft. I suspect it's made by the oil company that gives them the lowest bid and just gets the Ford label. The reason the owners manual recommends MC is because it helps line their pockets. All API certified oils have to meet the same spec regardless of brand.

If I were you I wouldn't overthink which oil to use. I ran a Ford over 500K miles on various brands of 10w40 conventional oil. That was in the days when conventional wasn't synthetic blend. Ford doesn't make Motorcraft. I suspect it's made by the oil company that gives them the lowest bid and just gets the Ford label. The reason the owners manual recommends MC is because it helps line their pockets. All API certified oils have to meet the same spec regardless of brand.

In the USA it's been Conoco Philips since before they developed the MC 5W-20 for Ford.

It’s Phillips 66 / Kendall / Redline Professional Series. Same bottles different labels and maybe a little different add package....but basically the same stuff.

Back