Motorcraft gone from Wal-Mart :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more Motorcraft of any weight at my Indpls area Mart. More varieties of Mobil, Shell, and SuperTech on the shelves.

Is it a for sure thing that all Walmarts are dropping Motorcraft products? When this first came up a couple weeks ago, I thought someone said that some Walmart stores were going to continue carrying Motorcraft.
Thanks.

Despite an ample supply, the Motorcraft oil was completely pulled from the shelves in both of my local Walmarts, but the filters are slowly dwindling in numbers and selling out.

Can you guess who bought all of the FL820S filters???

Trop Artic is now being sold at the local Walmarts for $1.12 per quart. First time this oil has ever shown up locally.

quote:

Originally posted by AstroVic:
Despite an ample supply, the Motorcraft oil was completely pulled from the shelves in both of my local Walmarts, but the filters are slowly dwindling in numbers and selling out.

Trop Artic is now being sold at the local Walmarts for $1.12 per quart. First time this oil has ever shown up locally.

Same here, the MC is gone and the same day the Trop artic shows up. Plenty of motorcraft oil filters though.

Off topic a little - I asked this question on an earlier thread but never got an answer: Are not Motorcraft, Phillips 66, and Conoco 5W-30 GF-4 oils all exactly the same oil? If so, Phillips 66 5W-30 GF-4 for $1.12 would be a great bargain. Or was the Phillips seen at Walmart SL?
Thanks.

They could very well be the same oil(trop artic/Motorcraft) but without a side by side VOA I am hesitant to say they are exactley the same.

The dealers can have it, I'd rather switch than buy it at the dealership...and yes according to our local wal-mart its true...no more MC once stocks are depleted. Looks like XOM will probably be gettin my business.

quote:

If so, Phillips 66 5W-30 GF-4 for $1.12 would be a great bargain. Or was the Phillips seen at Walmart SL?

The Trop Artic says Phillips 66 right on the label, but I would hesitate to say it's the SAME. If it is the same as the Motorcraft, $1.12 would be a steal.

Yes, it was the SL designation.

quote:

That would be me.
grin.gif

quote:

Well, this stinks! I count on Wal-Mart to sell me my 20-odd Motorcraft filters per year at 30% less than Auto Zone.

May have to go stock up before they are all gone. I know what I am doing for lunch tomorrow!

Tim

Motorcraft a slow seller here and was told whatever on shelves would be it. Oh well...that was one good oil. Only Ford dealers stock them here.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
I discussed this in another thread. Motorcraft has pulled their oil from Wal-Mart due to dealer pressure effective 2/1/05.

This will actually hurt our local dealer. The Pennzoil quickie lubes stock Motorcraft and will gladly put it in for you. More business for them. Advance Auto also has the complete Motorcraft line. Guess they will have to make Motorcraft a dealer exclusive label to do any good. Doesn't make good business sense to me.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyO:

quote:

That would be me.
grin.gif

I bought all 10 of them from my local walmart yesterday. LOL. =)

Dad's truck is still in warranty otherwise I'd just use the supertechs (like I do on my two vehicles).

The Wal-Mart here specifies that you may request Motorcraft oil for your oil change (at the same price?). It seems to me they are promoting it. Could they be "pushing" it to get rid of it? They seem to stay well stocked on Motorcraft oil and seem to have expanded the shelf space for it.

At my local Walmart they moved the Motorcraft and had more of it then usual. I'll be interested to see if it goes away alltogether. If so, i'll be sad. I really like motorcraft, but i would be just as happy using Havoline.

Motorcraft has a great product in their conoco line, it's a shame they dont do a better job of marketing it.

quote:

Originally posted by otis24:
The Wal-Mart here specifies that you may request Motorcraft oil for your oil change (at the same price?). It seems to me they are promoting it. Could they be "pushing" it to get rid of it? They seem to stay well stocked on Motorcraft oil and seem to have expanded the shelf space for it.

Um, I think this thread is like a year old...

I think Motorcraft was pulled from Wally-land and then returned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back