Motorcraft FL820S 10,000Km M1 5w20 Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Looks to be hard carbon deposits.

Looks like something broke loose.

Was this the first time for M1 5w-20? Was it a different offering from what you were usually putting in there? That might explain the crud. Most don't see it, but transitional consumption (that may or may not accompany a change in chemistry) occurs on occasion.

What I'm saying is that I'd have a hard time figuring that this was the "every OCI crud level" in any engine. It has to be a transitional thing (probably) due to some change in oil chemistry.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
Looks to be hard carbon deposits.

Looks like something broke loose.

Was this the first time for M1 5w-20? Was it a different offering from what you were usually putting in there? That might explain the crud. Most don't see it, but transitional consumption (that may or may not accompany a change in chemistry) occurs on occasion.

What I'm saying is that I'd have a hard time figuring that this was the "every OCI crud level" in any engine. It has to be a transitional thing (probably) due to some change in oil chemistry.

Gary I believe I covered that in a follow-up post.

This was the engine's first run of M1 to my knowledge. The oil that came out prior was probably "Jimbob's backyard blend" with "Ronnie's Homemade Filter".

It definitely looks like it has started cleaning some stuff out, and this is the result.

That is why I also said it looked like something you'd see in an AutoRX run
grin2.gif

Sorry, I'm texturally challenged
grin2.gif

Yes, that's what I would expect with an Auto-Rx run on a relatively clean engine where hard carbon type deposits would be let loose from the rings. It might be a bit more pronounced with Auto-Rx ..but probably originating from the same place.

Sorry, I'm texturally challenged
grin2.gif

Yes, that's what I would expect with an Auto-Rx run on a relatively clean engine where hard carbon type deposits would be let loose from the rings. It might be a bit more pronounced with Auto-Rx ..but probably originating from the same place.

M1: Yeah, it cleans stuff too
grin2.gif

hehehehhe
wink.gif

did you get any consumption with the M1 0w-20?

1L at about 8,000Km.

Media size was:

73" x 2.5", or 182.5 square inches.

The media was very solid, I could affix it to a table with a pair of vice grips and stretch it right out to measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back