Motorcraft FL400s part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil change number 81 on the truck
324,000 mi with MC 5w30 4K OCI

I took advice from sayjac and picked up the HF pipe cutter along with a 20% off coupon. It ended up being 17 and change. A bit more civilized than the previous way I did it

Motorcraft filter

No tears in this one either.

3gjoo.jpg

c5ye.jpg

8u9u.jpg

nwug5.jpg

The long white shreds are from the cutter cutting into the paint on the can.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Danno
No news is good news when it comes to filters.
You probably know you can go way longer than 4k miles on M1.

It says MC, Motorcraft. Either way yea you can go farther then 4k. Filter looks pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks excellent! If I didnt like the Fram Ultra so much I would go with this...if I owned a Ford
wink.gif
I would like them more if they had a metal crimp. Thanks for posting!

That's a mighty fine looking filter, I agree with the rest , looks like it could of gone another 4k... thanks for cutting and posting ..

Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger
..I took advice from sayjac and picked up the HF pipe cutter along with a 20% off coupon. It ended up being 17 and change. A bit more civilized than the previous way I did it...

I see that, good move.
thumbsup2.gif
If you plan on cutting open and posting pics of filters regularly, it's a worthwhile investment imo. A dedicated cutter for < $20 is reasonable. And I've found the four cutting wheels work better than the more expensive single cutting wheel Summit cutter, especially so on 3in. or less diameter filters. Ironically the exhaust cutter doesn't seem to get great reviews as an exhaust cutter but in my experience it makes a very serviceable filter cutter, especially for the cost.

Oh yeah, filter looks fine too.

Can you please post a separate thread on that pipe cutter, and how it works? That's a good price for a filter cutter if it works well. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Can you please post a separate thread on that pipe cutter, and how it works? That's a good price for a filter cutter if it works well. Thanks!

I may make a video of it next time around. Just twist the handle to open the jaws until the filter fits, then turn the handle in until the cutting wheels contact the filter. Either twist the tool or twist the filter as you turn the handle tighter. Eventually it will cut through. Just need to try and keep the cuts on the same orbit. It does seem to want to walk at first. I did notice that it cut though some parts of the can first and left some areas uncut. Just keep working it til you can break the seam.

Motorcraft makes a great oil filter.. They are just so solid and for the $, its a great deal.

i like how the bypass is at the top and built into the endcap..

Napa has the bypass at the top but its metal on metal and no seal,, I think oil can slip by.
However not the MC..

Great filters.. Used them on my Broco II 4x4 I had when I was in High School.

I always noticed my Bronoc didnt make any noise when I started it up when I used MC oil filter.. Compared to others.

MC is grear oil filter IMO

Wow that pipe cutter idea,looks like it does a great job.ty for this post,i messed up one of drivework i baught (tip :dont remove plastic at the end of the filter )carpet was full of water and filter drank it (arg)as soon as i can this week end i ll cut it open and try to learn how to post picture of it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back