Motorcraft FL2114-B12 instead of FL910S

Yesterday, I got my 2013 Ford Fusion (2.5 L)'s oil changed at a dealer I had never gone to before. I noticed that instead of a Motorcraft FL910S filter, they used a Motorcraft FL2114-B12 filter (MU2Z- 6731-A) .

I'm not able to find much online about this filter. Does anyone know if this filter is equivalent to the Fl910S (perhaps same filter with different manufacturer)?

Thanks!

Is that what's printed on the filter? From what it looks like online, that is some kind of cartridge filter and gasket set.

Wondering if they just typed it wrong on the invoice.

Last edited:
Sounds like a mistake on the paperwork. The FL910S is a spin-on type filter, not a cartridge type.

Is that what's printed on the filter? From what it looks like online, that is some kind of cartridge filter and gasket set.

Wondering if they just typed it wrong on the invoice.
Yes, that's what's printed on the filter. It is a spin on.

Is it shorter than the FL910S, I wonder if they've got a filter the size of the stock filter that comes on the New 1.5L i3 EcoBoost, that's the size of an OPE filter.

Is it shorter than the FL910S, I wonder if they've got a filter the size of the stock filter that comes on the New 1.5L i3 EcoBoost, that's the size of an OPE filter.
It looks about the same size as an FL910S.

To make things even more confusing, the notes on the invoice say they used an FL500.

It looks about the same size as an FL910S.

To make things even more confusing, the notes on the invoice say they used an FL500.
that's royally confusing, becuase that's a 22mm x1.5mm threaded filter that wouldn't even fit on a 3/4-16 oil return spigot.

I guess it's just a new part number for the 910-S
The best I can find is partsgeek referring to it for applications that all call for the Fl-910 or Fram PH3614

It’s the new number for the FL-910-S sometimes when I do work on a Ford and change the oil they give me these and I’ll pull off a 910 and put that one on. For some reason they changed the number on it a couple months ago don’t know why. It’s the only one they done it too.

Glad to know it's the right filter for the application. Wonder why there's a new part number and if the FL-910-S is going away.

Interestingly it seems to be about a buck cheaper than an FL910s. Wonder if the lack on a "s" denotes a non-silicon ADBV.

Had the oil changed in the escape beginning of this month can they used a 910s...

Interestingly it seems to be about a buck cheaper than an FL910s. Wonder if the lack on a "s" denotes a non-silicon ADBV.

Had the oil changed in the escape beginning of this month can they used a 910s...
This new part number is described as having a silicone ADBV on partsgeek.

Well if it does have a silicone adbv, afaik it will be the first Motorcraft without the S suffix that does.

So is this new filter going to supersede the 910S? The 910S is pretty popular, where room allows works well on mower engines too.

IIRC, the S suffix stood for "short", not "silicone". There had been an FL-910 without the S that was longer, but the FL-910S replaced it. The newer filter was shorter to allow easier removal.

Same story for the FL-820(S).

I know for fact the S didn't stand for "short" in the 820S series, linked thread is proof. I'll stick with suffix indicating silicone adbv. The FL1A has no S suffix and uses a nitrile adbv.

I think Fordnhas some issues with supply chain and inventory.
I drive high mileage and I'm meticulous with maintenance. I prefer to do it myself but can't always. Sometimes I travel away with work.
My last oil change was done at a Ford dealership in Georgia. I got the routine works package done. They installed an ACDelco filter on my vehicle. They did not have the FL 910 s in inventory.
I have already driven 5000mi since I last changed the oil and I am ready to change the oil again. I have comment on another thread about a shortage of oil and different filters.
I have been to a local O'Reilly's I have been two different Walmart stores trying to track down a Motorcraft oil filter and I haven't got one. I settled on a Fram tough guard equivalent.

Maybe that dealer also used a suitable equivalent filter in lieu of the Fl910s

Hmmm... I usually run 7-8K mile OCIs. Not sure I'll want to go that long this time if there's not a silicone anti drainback valve.

I stand corrected. Here's an interesting post from that Crown Vic site. I wonder which aftermarket oil filters were the problem?

"Here is a special service message (SSM) from the ford oasis network about problems with our engines that can be encountered when using an aftermarket oil filter.

21049 1997-2010 MULTIPLE VEHICLE - 4.6L/5.4L - ENGINE TICKING AND/OR RATTLE NOISE
MULTIPLE VEHICLE LINES WITH 4.6L OR 5.4L ENGINE MAY EXPERIENCE AN ENGINE TICKING OR RATTLE NOISE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A STUCK TAPPET (HLA). THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE DETERIORATION OF AN AFTERMARKET OIL FILTER. VEHICLES WITH THIS CONDITION HAVE LOW OIL PRESSURE AT ONE CYLINDER HEAD ONLY, WHILE MAIN PRESSURES ARE NORMAL. DISLODGED MATERIAL FROM THE AFTERMARKET OIL FILTER BLOCKS THE CAM CAP OIL PASSAGE, EITHER AT CYLINDER #4 (RIGHT BANK REAR) OR CYLINDER #5 (LEFT BANK FRONT). FOR VCT EQUIPPED ENGINES, INSPECT THE VCT VALVE BODY AND THE OIL PASSAGES UNDER THE FIRST CAM CAP. DAMAGE TO ENGINES CAUSED BY AFTERMARKET OIL FILTERS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/22/2009"

Back