Motorcraft FL-500S 3,163 miles cut & post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter : Motorcraft FL-500S
Oil : Mobil1 5W-20
Mileage on Oil : 3,163 miles

I know, the mileage is low for the oil and filter. It was a conscious decision as the vehicle is new and I wanted 2 short OCIs to start with.

The filter looks very well made. No issues, no visible sludge or metals.

Anyway, enjoy.

Last edited:
The MC filters have always been great. In my last vehicle I ran the FL400S exclusively for 13 years and 165k miles with an OCI of 5k miles. Never had a problem.

Originally Posted By: JCasto
Filter : Motorcraft FL-500S
Oil : Mobil1 5W-20
Mileage on Oil : 3,163 miles

I know, the mileage is low for the oil and filter. It was a conscious decision as the vehicle is new and I wanted 2 short OCIs to start with.

The filter looks very well made. No issues, no visible sludge or metals.

Anyway, enjoy.

There is NOTHING at all wrong with changing your oil at 3K miles.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
ADBV destroyed by cutting it open?

No, it looked fine to me. Why? Is it not?

Thanks for the pictures.

The ADBV looks like it has a cut or tear in one spot, but after I looked at it again it's the shadow from the glove or oil.

I was looking at the picture from my phone and it is your glove that makes it appear as though it is torn. I can see it is fine from my PC. Thanks for the C&P.

I was looking at the picture from my phone and it is your glove that makes it appear as though it is torn. I can see it is fine from my PC. Thanks for the C&P.

I guess it does kind of look like that, doesn't it. It's fine though. I think it's just an artifact of the lighting.

If anyone is wondering how to get them open and doesn't have a proper cutter, try a hammer and a chisel just under the crimp. I saw someone post they did thAt and thought I'd try it. It works perfectly. Then you just need to bend back some of the bent in lip with pliers. It took me all of 10 minutes. The last one I cut open I tried to uncrimp it with vice grips. It took an hour or more and rubbed several places on my hands raw. Using the chisel I came out without a scratch,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back