Motorcraft Blend or NAPA Full Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
Originally Posted By: 360kid
How much is the Motorcraft full synthetic oil from the dealer? Can you buy it online?

The MotorCraft full Synthetic 5W-20 in very expensive at the dealer $7.00 a quart! Amazon has it for slightly less money.

Amazon has it,a but shipping pushes the cost for wach quart to over $8.50 a quart. Its mucho easiero to go to the dealer and have them order it.

Well, I got the truck. Great deal. 80,000 miles and he has the receipt for every single oil change, routine maintenance, etc. Even has receipt for wiper blades in his file. Meticulous maintenance from an 80 year old man, I love it. The longest OCI he ever went was 3,900 miles. He only went the extra 900 because he was on a long road trip.

I will change the oil this weekend. I have settled on PP 5w-20 with a Motorcraft filter. PP seems to have a lot of detergent and the idea of a squeaky clean engine sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks all.

Well, I got the truck. Great deal. 80,000 miles and he has the receipt for every single oil change, routine maintenance, etc. Even has receipt for wiper blades in his file. Meticulous maintenance from an 80 year old man, I love it. The longest OCI he ever went was 3,900 miles. He only went the extra 900 because he was on a long road trip.

I will change the oil this weekend. I have settled on PP 5w-20 with a Motorcraft filter. PP seems to have a lot of detergent and the idea of a squeaky clean engine sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks all.

You were soooooooooooo lucky to find that truck with a owner like that..Something like that dosen't come buy very often.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Well, I got the truck. Great deal. 80,000 miles and he has the receipt for every single oil change, routine maintenance, etc. Even has receipt for wiper blades in his file. Meticulous maintenance from an 80 year old man, I love it. The longest OCI he ever went was 3,900 miles. He only went the extra 900 because he was on a long road trip. . . .

You were soooooooooooo lucky to find that truck with a owner like that..Something like that dosen't come buy very often.

Someday in the far future, some lucky sexagenerian will get the same kind of value when he buys my Park Avenue. . . .

(Go ahead. Look up sexagenerian, if you need to. I dare you.)

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
(Go ahead. Look up sexagenerian, if you need to. I dare you.)

crackmeup2.gif

At 3K OCI you could use anything of proper weight. If under warranty use something rated to Fords '930A spec.

I run the MC oil/filter to 5K for an '05 under warranty. I like PP better but at 5K OCI it's a waste of good oil. I would take PP to at least 7.5K miles. Ford now recommends 7.5K OCI for newer models.

Another I like is Pennzoil YB as it appears to be a GrpII+ & 5W20 is '930A rated. I'd take that to 5K also.

I have analyzed the MC filters, darn good value and feature set. WM priced ~$3.50 for mine. Cut them open and they look probably good to 10K in late model applications.

Yea, I used to be a 3K guy. Not now due to newer oil standards, cleaner running engines, better filters...

Last edited:
I was really lucky to get this truck. It is my wife's grandfather's truck. So, I know the complete history. He bought it brand new. He's 80 years old and wanted one last new truck. His new truck is amazing and I'm lucky enough to get his old truck.

I was debating Motorcraft oil too, but PP seems to be loaded with detergents. I also wanted a full synthetic. I will always change the oil at 3000 miles regardless. I know many think of it as a waste, but for less than $30 an oil change, why not? I need this truck to go 220,000 miles just like my last one. If it doesn't go that long, at least I will have peace of mind knowing I went above and beyond on the maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back