Motorcraft Blend or NAPA Full Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my last post, I was able to find the specs of the Ford Motorcraft Synthetic Blend. It does seem to be a top notch oil. For only around $12 for a 5 quart jug, that's probably my best bet.

I also change my oil every 3000 miles regardless of whether it's synthetic, conventional, rough driving, highway driving, etc. Always 3000 no matter what. I know people harp that 3000 is over kill and I can get more yada yada yada. Anyways, 3000 OCI has worked for me forever and none of my cars have ever had an engine problem ever. I always sell them with insanly high miles and they always run well when I do sell them.

So, for me the 3000 OCI works and I will teach my kids the same thing.

Ford makes a Full Synthetic 5W-20 and 5W-30, just ask the dealer for it. The dealer should have it available for use in your F-150 truck, if not, ask them to order it prior to you going in for an oil change and reserve it for your truck only...

Q stands for quarts, the D stands for drum in my next post regarding Motorcraft Full synthetic Oil...
11.gif

Sounds like the dealer price is about $7.99 a quart. I am definetely not paying that much. I also change my own oil, always. I never let someone else do it. Way too many horror stories from people. Plus, I feel that if you really want your car to go the distance, the owner needs to be involved in the maintenance and be in tune with the vehicles needs.

Originally Posted By: 360kid
Sounds like the dealer price is about $7.99 a quart. I am definetely not paying that much. I also change my own oil, always. I never let someone else do it. Way too many horror stories from people. Plus, I feel that if you really want your car to go the distance, the owner needs to be involved in the maintenance and be in tune with the vehicles needs.

You got that right!

Originally Posted By: breeves
Ive been using NAPA Syn with both Wix and Motorcraft filters. Engines run smooth and don't use any oil. Very satisfied. NAPA Syn price is right.

I thought about doing that but my OCD prevents me from mixing brands. I only do it if I have to. If am able to get the F150, I will probably use Ford Motorcraft Synthetic Blend Oil and Ford Motorcraft oil filter.

There would be nothing wrong at all with mixing brands but if thats your thinking go with it sure,sounds like you made up your mind so just go with your plan. your new ford will live a long time.

I run MC 10w30 in my high mile 5.0 (147,XXX) w/MC filter and it works great. Oil change every 5,000 +/- as per Black Stone labs report. Same thing with the Fusion but may switch to Amsoil for longer intervals. It's a great oil.

FWIW, I'm going to try the Motorcraft 5w-20 blend in my '07 Grand Marquis (4.6L) at my next change. I've heard great things about the MC blend here at BITOG and the price is certainly right.
grin2.gif

As far as filters go, I use Napa Golds on everything I own that takes a filter.

I posted in another thread a Ford Windstar that was given to my dad by a neighbour. It had a steady diet of MC 5w20 from day one with 6K Mile change intervals and it now has over 276K KM on it and doesn't consume or leak a drop...

Great oil IMO!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gd9704
FWIW, I'm going to try the Motorcraft 5w-20 blend in my '07 Grand Marquis (4.6L) at my next change. I've heard great things about the MC blend here at BITOG and the price is certainly right.
grin2.gif

You should definitley without a doubt use 5w20 Motorcraft in your 07 Grand Marquis 4.6.

For the filters I highly recommend you to use Motorcraft filters on the Grand Marquis.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
grin2.gif

You should definitley without a doubt use 5w20 Motorcraft in your 07 Grand Marquis 4.6.

For the filters I highly recommend you to use Motorcraft filters on the Grand Marquis.

Are the Motorcrafts better than Napas? I saw the post where someone took a MC apart, and it does look robust in there...I've had no experience with them.

grin2.gif

Are the Motorcrafts better than Napas? I saw the post where someone took a MC apart, and it does look robust in there...I've had no experience with them.

Motorcraft oil filters have a anti drain back valve..It helps prevent dry starts on the 4.6.

When I had my 99 4.6 Grand Marquis I used hear slight ticking for a few seconds everytime I started it when I used any other filter other then Motorcraft.

grin2.gif

Motorcraft oil filters have a anti drain back valve..It helps prevent dry starts on the 4.6.

When I had my 99 4.6 Grand Marquis I used hear slight ticking for a few seconds everytime I started it when I used any other filter other then Motorcraft.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

I just changed the oil today...I had two Napa Gold filters on the shelf so that's what I'll use for now. I'll pick up a few MC filters for later.

I've not heard any dry start ticking on this car...I assumed it was because of the 5w-20 oil circulating so quickly.

Love my '07 GM, by the way. My friends sorta gave me grief about it, but after they drove it and heard what I paid for it, they shut up.

Last edited:
CROWNVIC4LIFE said:
gd9704 said:
CROWNVIC4LIFE said:
gd9704 said:
FWIW,

I just changed the oil today...I had two Napa Gold filters on the shelf so that's what I'll use for now. I'll pick up a few MC filters for later.

I've not heard any dry start ticking on this car...I assumed it was because of the 5w-20 oil circulating so quickly.

Love my '07 GM, by the way. My friends sorta gave me grief about it, but after they drove it and heard what I paid for it, they shut up.

Guess your OK since you don't hear any dry ticking at start up.

I talked my sister into her 07 Grand Marquis LS after she was very unhappy with her Camry..She really loves her Grand Marquis.

grin2.gif

Most filters have an anti drain back valve, but the Motorcraft valve seems to work better than most.

CROWNVIC4LIFE said:
gd9704 said:
CROWNVIC4LIFE said:
gd9704 said:
FWIW,

I talked my sister into her 07 Grand Marquis LS after she was very unhappy with her Camry..She really loves her Grand Marquis.

I would really like to get a GM...they drive quite nice...

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
CROWNVIC4LIFE said:
gd9704 said:
CROWNVIC4LIFE said:
gd9704 said:
FWIW,

Indeed.

I have always like the look of them, for some reason. It's a CAR, plain and simple. No added junk or gimmicky trinkets.

I like that it's "old school," V-8, rear drive. While it's no race car, it can get out of it's own way and sound good when it does it.

I like the 6 quart oil sump.

I like that I can cruise at 69mph, and the 4.6 is turning at an effortless 1,700rpm.

I like that I average 22-24mpg every tankful.

I like that I could buy it for $12k less than the '07 Buick Lucerne I was looking at. (Talk about loads of added trinkets to break down the line!)

It's big (but not SUV big,) comfy and simple.

Since I live in N.E. Ohio, everyone I know told me I'd never make it through the winter with this car.

Well, it was cheap enough that I found a set of take off wheels (brand new) on ebay for $200. (who wants Grand Marquis wheels?) I put a set of General Arctic Alpins on them and the car was like a tank this last winter. No problems. And I was STILL big bucks ahead of most any other car I was looking at.....

They get a bad rep 'cause they're so big with the senior citizen crowd, but hey--once you're married with kids, are you still out to impress people with what you're driving?

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
CROWNVIC4LIFE said:
gd9704 said:
CROWNVIC4LIFE said:
gd9704 said:
FWIW,

Indeed.

I have always like the look of them, for some reason. It's a CAR, plain and simple. No added junk or gimmicky trinkets.

I like that it's "old school," V-8, rear drive. While it's no race car, it can get out of it's own way and sound good when it does it.

I like the 6 quart oil sump.

I like that I can cruise at 69mph, and the 4.6 is turning at an effortless 1,700rpm.

I like that I average 22-24mpg every tankful.

I like that I could buy it for $12k less than the '07 Buick Lucerne I was looking at. (Talk about loads of added trinkets to break down the line!)

It's big (but not SUV big,) comfy and simple.

Since I live in N.E. Ohio, everyone I know told me I'd never make it through the winter with this car.

Well, it was cheap enough that I found a set of take off wheels (brand new) on ebay for $200. (who wants Grand Marquis wheels?) I put a set of General Arctic Alpins on them and the car was like a tank this last winter. No problems. And I was STILL big bucks ahead of most any other car I was looking at.....

They get a bad rep 'cause they're so big with the senior citizen crowd, but hey--once you're married with kids, are you still out to impress people with what you're driving?

So true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back