Motorcraft BACK AT WALMART IN NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Wal-Mart in Piscataway last night and saw several cases of Motorcraft SM 5w20 and 10w30 stacked on the floor. They were not yet put on the shelf, but the clerk said that they would be put up very soon.

I asked for a price check on each grade and they rang up for $1.17. I am told that the regular price is $1.52 but they will be on "rollback" for awhile. The 10W30 is syn blend so I know it's new stock.

They also tell me that they have more MC filters in the back.

This is very good news, since NJ Walmarts never got TropArctic.

fruit.gif

Yeah, after finding out how much $$$$ they were losing by not selling Motorcraft oil & filters.....they decided to bring it back.

The Dollar Tree next door only has TropArtic 10w-30, and no filters.

I'm really glad they got MC just in time for me to do a 6-month change on my Mom's Escape (a 2003 with 8,000 miles of stop-and-go driving on the clock). I'm sticking with 5W-20 and MC filters for the warranty period.

I picked up 6 quarts of MC 5W-20 syn blend and an FL-820S for $9.30, including tax. They had to get the filter from the back; they say that the MC products will be put on the shelf in the next few days.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Probably Ford/MC found out how much money they were losing by NOT selling to WallyWorld just for the sake of dealers. Now they are probably either selling to the dealers cheaper than any competitor can ...or are selling it to them at the same price as WM.

...or they just told the dealers "Do what you want" ..and let them go with whatever oil meats the spec.

I imagine you're right Gary, but there's one other possibility.

Wally might have discovered that people didn't buy many more of the other filters they carry when the Motorcraft items were dropped.

I know I didn't start buying STs or Frams.

I suspect Gary is closer to the truth, Wally generally does not back down on price setting, supliers can go pound sand for all they care.

quote:

Originally posted by reyjay1:
I suspect Gary is closer to the truth, Wally generally does not back down on price setting, supliers can go pound sand for all they care.

Plus I don't know what Ford is thinking, raise the price and the MC filter is more than a Mobil 1 filter, and given that choice, it would be M1 hands down.

Sorry I was thinking just in my application.
but true for the big can filters

Probably Ford/MC found out how much money they were losing by NOT selling to WallyWorld just for the sake of dealers. Now they are probably either selling to the dealers cheaper than any competitor can ...or are selling it to them at the same price as WM.

...or they just told the dealers "Do what you want" ..and let them go with whatever oil meets the spec.

[ June 24, 2005, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

Rejay1, I don't think you understood me. The MC filter FL-820S only cost $2.93. The $9.30 included the 6 quarts of oil.

Welp, just came back from a casual recon mission at WallyWorld while the wife was getting some kinda flowers for the garden. NO MC oil....seems the filters are back in full strength. ST's are shrinking as before ..and poorly stocked. FL1A's were cheap @ $2.77 ..while everything else was @ $3.23.

Checked out the local WW and found Motorcraft back on the shelves,$1.88 a qt. Right beside the Tropartic for $1.12 a pop.Go figure.

netsfan, i understand, at Wally world my MC F-1995 is righ t at $10, about the same price for a M1 replacement at AZ. Hence my follow-up describing my narrow thinking at the time of the post. The only thing cheaper is the ST filter at about 6.50.

Pastmaster, no it is also about wally world dictating to suppliers where they manufacture thier products, because to meet WW price points manufacturers have to utilize slave labor to make any profit.

MC is on the top shelf at the local Wally...still in the box..I could've gotten a case of the 5W-30 but I'm overstocked on oil as-is...I didn't see a price, and I didn't feel like trying to get the case off the top shelf (tall shelves, but I'm tall and if I jump I can grab a case) to do a price check on it.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I saw the MC oil at Wally's in Westchester Co. , NY.

No MC oil filters though.

frown.gif
I sure wish they would bring the MC filters back. That would make wavinwayne very
fruit.gif

Good news for sure! I heard the MC 10W-30 will be syn-blend also. Been wanting to try some Conoco oil in my 94' minivan. The engine has no leaks - is super-silent & clean - yet uses a half-quart every 700 miles with every oil I tried -- weights ranging from 5-20 to 10-40.

Conoco-types are next in my search to find a cure.

3x7 quote:
"I heard the MC 10W-30 will be syn-blend also."

All of the 10-30MC I have seen since May have been labeled SynBlend API SM.

I don't think Wally is bringing back MoCraft.

If you see new MoCraft in stock, its from another store location with historicaly low MoCraft sales, and it was sent to a store w/ previous high MoCraft sales.

Wally is good about keeping track of sales electronicaly. That's why they have regional stock (general merch) that my SoTx Wally's get that Yankee Wally's never see.

If you see MoCraft at Wally, and it fits your vehicle, buy it. You will never see it again at that low price, except at some BITOG's garage sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back