Motorcraft At Wal-Mart. Scarce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a healthy wallet today, and wanted to stock up on MC 5W20 for my '07 Elantra. Maybe 5 or 6 gallons. I got another 4 years of payments...
I sent my wife out, and I get a phone call with her telling me that they've got 11 qt worth of 5W20, and barely anything in any grades except for 15W40.

Are your Wal-Marts well-stocked with the 5W20?
I know I can find it at the parts store, but they're substantially higher than Wally World is on motor oil, and I was just trying to get all my oil buying for the next year done and over with while I'm flush with cash. I just got 6 of the OEM filters at the dealership, so I figured I'd go ahead and get it all out of the way.

Is Motorcraft in trouble or something because of Ford's cash position?
Any clues?

Both Walmarts in our area just recently added the 5 qt MC 5w20 jugs
and plenty of them. I'm going to stock up. It looks like they also expanded their MC shelf space. Good oil, good price!

I try to get to my wally world the day of or after deliveries so as to get what I want cuz if ya wait a couple days, the shelves empty quickly.

Mine up here in Riverdale, NJ has only a few 5qt jugs, no individual quarts. Also their oil filters seemed to have "vanished". Isn't to expensive, was like 12.50 for the blend. I think the MC and Pennzoil YB sell very quickly, but they have hundreds of quarts and jugs of YB up here, sucks went up from 11 to 12 bucks a jug. I was going to stock up on it, but that dollar is nagging me.

Last edited:
I don't know about the MC oil, but I have seen a drop in the MC oil filters. Now they seem to have a very small selection. Probably 80% of the filters available are the Fram filters.

was at the local Minnesota Wally world today
plenty of 5w-20 in quarts and 5qt jugs
5-30 and 10w-30 was in quarts only and low supply
15w-40 was in 5 quart jugs only

I didn't look at the filters

I wish they would bring back trop-artic

My local Walmart was pretty well stocked, Pep Boys on the other hand had their own little oil shortage going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back