Motorcraft 820s Quality issues lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
WOW i was hoping that motorcraft was still ok but i guess they are like their cousins. This is bad news i still have a couple of cases.

They are still OK. Of the number cut on this board we've only seen two with issues and they were not the same type of issue found with the Purolator filters.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i was hoping that motorcraft was still ok but i guess they are like their cousins.
One of my cousins is a complete low-life while the other is a stand-up guy.

Just because Puro's bottom of the line filter has issues doesn't mean everything they make is [censored]. I was told by the people at Champion (who make the Ford OEM filters installed at the factory) that the Motorcraft line at Purolator is separate from the others and is monitored by Ford.

Until it can be shown, by more than the single example so far, that the Puro-tear issue has crossed lines, I'm hanging in there.

^^^ Agreed, I think Motorcrafts are not prone to tearing media. The one that was reported could have been a fluke, unlike the Classics and PureOnes.

Worst thing is-their bottom of the line filters (such as the Quaker State ones) have glued seams & don't seem to tear! The FL-400S ones I use are generally the same (with a silicone ADBV).

Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
I run mainly motorcrafts and pretty much every vehicle i have takes the 820s and haven't seen any quality issues.

my Honda takes the MC 810
has anyone used the Motorcraft 810 ??
I can never find them at any store like wallymart or target or autozone or aap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back