Motorcraft 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed oil for my wife's sister. Her vehilce called for Motorcraft 5W20 synthetic blend. I added Motorcraft 5W20, not realizing it was a synthetic blend (less than $2 at Wal-Mart). How much synthetic is in Motorcraft and who makes it?

I believe we have heard numbers of around 50%. But that's not a "True" synthetic like Mobil 1, Royao Purple, or RedLine. Its a Group III like SynTec. Its still good stuff though.

05corollaLE

Longer OCIs with M-1. Protection differences with identical weights may not be of any real significance unless extreme cold/heat arrive in your neck of the woods. Full synthetics like Mobil-1 usually clean the engine a tad better too.

The best test is using both oils inside your engine back-to-back for the next two OCIs. Your engine will tell you which one it likes better.

No, it's terrible - that's why Ford recommends it. (Why don't you look up and READ the UOAs on Motorcraft 5W-20? A lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble making this site available and archiving users' experiences so the rest of us have a convenient location to do comparisons for OURSELVES.)

Just because Ford recommends a product or it has a Motorcraft label doesn't mean it's outstanding.

If you believe it is go get yourself some Motorcraft one step cleaner wax.

What should I look for in the UOA section to compare cleaning additive packages?

06Ranger

Don't get upset over Ray's remarks. Had he clicked on your name & saw you have less than one week at this site, perhaps he would of been more cordial. He gets snippy at alot of folks here.

You can go to the Virgin Analysis Message Board here & type in "Motorcraft 5W-20" in the search box. If only a few threads appear, try 5W-30 in the next one. That should get you close on answers you are seeking.

smile.gif
Welcome to Bob Is The Oil Guy & enjoy your stay here.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back