Motorcraft 5/20 Blend - 2015 3.7l TiVTC. (5673 Miles)

C-Ford_86011.jpg

Ford dealerships are pushing the “works” service with Motorcraft blend and BG MOA. It might have been put in by shear habit.

I left central WI about five years ago. I know that at that time if you went to your friendly neighborhood Ford dealer and got “The Works” oil change special, you would get a Motorcraft filter, but Service Pro oil in your crankcase. Not sure if that has changed now or not.

I left central WI about five years ago. I know that at that time if you went to your friendly neighborhood Ford dealer and got “The Works” oil change special, you would get a Motorcraft filter, but Service Pro oil in your crankcase. Not sure if that has changed now or not.

Wow! I would think that Ford would have something to say about that!

I'm not particularly impressed with this dealer, but presently time is of the essence... so it'll get another change likely tomorrow at the same place.

We will see if the oil in the next one matches this...

I do note some of the prior changes have similar numbers, and they are all MC Blend IIRC...

During the short run the truck was suffering from an oil pressure problem due to a bad valve cover causing crankcase pressure (at least thats the story) this latest run was predominately highway miles...

Back