Motorcraft 5/20 Blend - 2002 3.0L Vulcan (4925 Miles)

Ranger_89,382.jpg

Interestingly about 70-80% of this OCI was towing a box trailer at probably close to capacity.

Filter HERE

Nice report. Did you previously use a 5W30 (looking at the viscosities)? Interesting that you added one quart of makeup of 5W20 this time, especially when towing. I would probably stick to the same and motor on. Did you stay with MC?

Nice report. Did you previously use a 5W30 (looking at the viscosities)?

Yes, the recent runs were 5/30 M1 HM EP

Interesting that you added one quart of makeup of 5W20 this time, especially when towing.

Yes, it was getting run a little harder than usual and my bride was doing some of the trips at night so I was checking and adding more often than I normally would. It typically burns about a half quart but as long as it is above the add I typically leave it be.

I would probably stick to the same and motor on. Did you stay with MC?

Same went back in.

You said you would post and you did. Thanks!

Generally I don't like Motorcraft oil but this report is stellar!

You're welcome of course. MC usually turns in pretty good numbers for me, I agree this one looks good.

No bad, all things considered.
I’d stick with 5k miles to keep things healthy until the wheels rust off. 👍🏻

Did you do something to bring the copper and lead down?

I have not done anything to it at least engine wise in quite some time. The first few were when the cam synchronized went bad, Id have to go back through the prior post to figure it out exactly... the last mechanical thing was a timing chain because I had the timing cover off ( water pump gaskets) and was right there... that would have been in early 19.

No bad, all things considered.
I’d stick with 5k miles to keep things healthy until the wheels rust off. 👍🏻

I probably will, though if I get the M1 with rebates it is actually cheaper...

I have not done anything to it at least engine wise in quite some time. The first few were when the cam synchronized went bad, Id have to go back through the prior post to figure it out exactly... the last mechanical thing was a timing chain because I had the timing cover off ( water pump gaskets) and was right there... that would have been in early 19.

I probably will, though if I get the M1 with rebates it is actually cheaper...
That's right. I forgot you were the same dude who was telling me about the cam synchronizer. :) Glad the truck is doing so well for you!

Looks great! I might bump that up to the 5w-30 MCSB to see if that helps with the consumption, even though 1 qt over 5k is pretty negligible.

Looks great! I might bump that up to the 5w-30 MCSB to see if that helps with the consumption, even though 1 qt over 5k is pretty negligible.

Remember I said my bride was doing some of the driving... she a ahem *spirited* driver. I expect that and the towing is responsible for the uptick in usage, ive never seen an appreciable difference in consumption between 5/20 and 5/30.

That's right. I forgot you were the same dude who was telling me about the cam synchronizer. :) Glad the truck is doing so well for you!

It is a good truck if a little slow...

Looks good. Maybe it likes the extra moly.
Could be...

Back