Motorcraft 0w20 is now full synthetic

So ive had my CPO Mazda6 Touring a yr this month. I have about 24,500 on it, bought it at 2,700 last April. AMAZING car so many safety features standard and so comfortable. ive changed the oil every 5K my self and rotated the tires. ive used motorcraft oil since ive owned it except the oil change before this on was was supertech 0w20. every oil change ive used motorcraft and its been syn blend. Ford now had updated there 0w20 to full syn. ive decided to use it this current oil change interval and im going to send it off in a uao and see how well it does. I dont pay for oil at work so i figured why not try it. also i put a set of continental DWS tires on it at 22K because the factory falken tires were worn to 3/32 with 5K rotations. AMAZING tires btw.

Ford full synthetic was always an option for years now in other weights. Not sure how long the 0W20 variety has been available as full synthetic.

Honda oil is also provided by Conoco Phillips just like the Ford Motorcraft oil, and they have gone full synthetic with 0W20 for several years now.

I've never seen Motorcraft 0w20....I've seen plenty of Motorcraft 5w20...although the 'full synthetic' is hard to find...
I grabbed some 'full syn' Motorcraft 5w20 a few years back (SM rated) at the AA 'clearance'....I remember that it said "Product of Korea....Made and Packaged in the USA " on the label.

I've never seen Motorcraft 0w20....I've seen plenty of Motorcraft 5w20...although the 'full synthetic' is hard to find...
I grabbed some 'full syn' Motorcraft 5w20 a few years back (SM rated) at the AA 'clearance'....I remember that it said "Product of Korea....Made and Packaged in the USA " on the label.

Ya they switched over our bulk tank without telling us a couple months ago. And of course it wasn't empty when they topped off with the full synthetic
smirk2.gif

I have seen it both full synthetic and semi synthetic. Supposed to be good oil but I don't use it even in my Ford vehicles. Not sure who makes it.

0W20 is now within the 504/507 VW according to the VW counterman. I bought a couple drain plugs today and he was pushing his oil. I declines as I just bought a bunch of Red Line Euro and M1 esp euro.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Ya they switched over our bulk tank without telling us a couple months ago. And of course it wasn't empty when they topped off with the full synthetic
smirk2.gif

we use bottles at my new job. That's how I got the free oil. Fusion energi oil changes 4.5Q bottles. Finally got 5Q's and free oil change.

Back