Motor Running Rough

Hello all. I have a 2001 Avalon that started running rough this morning on my way to work. A few things to mention.

There was a motor knock sensor bank 2 code on. (This code has been on for a very very long time. ) Never gave me any issues.

Also. There seems to be clog in my evap system. When pump fuel. It starts to click off every gallon an a half of so , as if the tank was full.
This issue has been going on for several weeks now.

The car only started today to run rough , do you guys have any advice, recommendations or guidance for me ?

Hello all. I have a 2001 Avalon that started running rough this morning on my way to work. A few things to mention.

There was a motor knock sensor bank 2 code on. (This code has been on for a very very long time. ) Never gave me any issues.

Also. There seems to be clog in my evap system. When pump fuel. It starts to click off every gallon an a half of so , as if the tank was full.
This issue has been going on for several weeks now.

The car only started today to run rough , do you guys have any advice, recommendations or guidance for me ?
Change the spark plugs for starters.

Try driving it with the gas cap loose, if the vent (EVAP) is plugged it may be having a hard time getting fuel. It might trigger a leak code but that wont affect the engine.

Engine knock for a very very long time? Now it gave you an issue. Detonation finally blew a hole in a piston. Why do people ignore stuff like that?
No, motor Knock Sensor in bank 2. The motor just started to rumble.

No, motor Knock Sensor in bank 2. The motor just started to rumble.
I think he’s saying that you ignored the bad knock sensor, which allowed detonation, which eventually damaged your engine...thus the rough running.

Not saying if his diagnosis is correct (it may or may not be)...just explaining what he is saying

Bad vent valve? I had one go bad on our Infiniti M45 and it wasn't a super hard job to replace. I did have to take the whole canister off though, to get enough leverage to get the new vent valve on. It was relatively easy. Once we replaced the valve, the code was cleared and no more problems with the fuel pump clicking off before the tank is full.

Back