Motor Oils at sam's club(s)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a new Sam's club opening close to where I live.

What motor oils does Sam's club carry?
anything special about their selection?

Thanks!
smile.gif

I remember that they have had Mobil 1, in a couple weights, and Trop-Artic. That's all I am sure of.

I have been getting my Dexron trans fluid there. I think first they had Conoco, then lately it has been Mobil (not Mobil 1).

Coincidentally, I had planned to make a run to Sam's Club today, but instead I spent the time and the money on replacing the alternator and belt on my son's Camaro
frown.gif

Last time I was there, I priced the antifreeze, but it was cheaper at WalMart/Autozone, and I didn't want a whole case.

Last time I was there all they had was Havoline, Pennzoil and I think Road Tech(?) It was a yellow and white box and the oil was rated SH and SJ only. It actually wasn't much cheaper case wise than the Havoline.

TBird,

From my experience, every Sam's can be different (even within the same state). AND, the items they stock may vary over time.

Last week, the Sam's in Racine, WI had Rotella and Pennzoil.

The Pennz was $1.9X/qt, about average for this area (comapred to Advance Auto or Target.

cheers.gif

Boyd

thanks, guys,
I'll check the new one out sometime, and report if I find any interesting oil/auto findings, if I see any.

quote:

Originally posted by dkcase:
Coincidentally, I had planned to make a run to Sam's Club today, but instead I spent the time and the money on replacing the alternator and belt on my son's Camaro
frown.gif

Sounds like you were doing more than holding the light for him?

My Sam's has a pretty poor selection of oil. Just three or four brands. Prices are okay, but I find I can do better at the auto parts store when they have a sale.

That's what I have found. Sam's in Kansas City carries Pennzoil & Quaker State dino, Shell Rotella dino and Mobil 1 synthetic. At $4.39 per qt, Mobil 1 is below normal pricing, but at $1.90+ for Quaker and Pennzoil, most auto parts stores beat those prices, especially when on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back