Motor oil prices on the way up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pushslice:

quote:

Originally posted by MC5W20:
It interesting to note that the price of Havoline went up after Equilons ( read Shell ) license to use the name expired.

Not sure if you are referring to a past event or a recent one...but Equilon/Shell license for Havoline expired more than 3 years ago!!! maybe you are thinking of Shell's license for the Texaco retail gas license? that one expired this year.

I think you got me on that one. I did confuse it with the retail gas license as that just happened last month. I really don't price oil outside of Walmart, but it seems the price on Havoline has been increasing every three months. I noticed this trend starting a year ago. Seeing that is now more expensive I wonder if Chevron is positioning it to be its premier brand with Chevron Supreme to take the #2 seat in the lineup?

Well, Havoline being a bit of a favorite around this here venue, maybe if we talked it DOWN
crushedcar.gif
a little, they'd hold it to a more reasonable price structure..

Makes one wonder. Ya think they (any of the OCI industry, that is) DO snoop this forum? Maybe looking for, I dunno, trends, opinions or attitudes they actually would make a marketing or technical decision on?

Food for thought, or not..

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Agreed, its not even on the radar ... compared to ... a cup of designer coffee.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but when a TV commentator mentioned something about $5.00 latte recently, I liked to choke on my 39 cent Costco diet orange soda...

Yeah, but you can get that soda cold out of the vending machine for $0.25 at Wal-Mart!
twocents.gif

Well, this is one worry I don't have... Some have criticized the benefits of a stash, but I'll use my Havoline Synthetic (some at .75 a quart, some at .25 a quart) scored from AA back in the spring, and the Hav conventional 5 quart jugs from WM when they were six and change..(only have 10 of those though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back