Motor Oil Heaven Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Written by MC5W20

Walmart has been price dropping motor oil in there stores all across the country. Thousands of BITOG members having been swooping in and emptying shelves. Some of the more "diseased" members with severe cases of OCD having been refinancing there homes to fuel there addiction. There is one report of a member who bought a second home "just because it had a three car garage" with which he could house his "stash". "Stash" is Bitog lingo for a stockpile of motor oil for future use.

One recently divorced member was interviewed for this article. He is the proud owner of a "stash" of 460 quarts of motor oil. His name is "Oil Leak". He declined to use his real name for this interview.

Q. Oil Leak, why do you own 460 qts. of motor oil?

A. Hey man, Walmart has been moving oil to the closeout shelf for weeks, and they just price dropped Super Tech 5qt. jugs to $9.50. You would have to be a lunatic to not add to your stash at those prices.

Q. Oil Leak, we have been told you recently divorced? Is this true and does it have anything to do with motor oil?

A. Absolutely it has to do with motor oil. That old nag, who was quite hot actually, just wouldn't shut up whenever we went into Walmart. I mean, who could possibly think about shoes and new underwear when the closeout shelf was full with oil that nobody had cleared out yet. I mean who can live with somebody who doesn't recognize a deal when they see it.

Q. So, was it a messy divorce?

A. No, we both agreed we were different people with different priorities and I just wasn't willing to stop buying motor oil and auto related fluids. Listening to the nagging just wasn't worth it anymore.

Q. So why the fascination with motor oil?

A. Is that a real question?

Q. Yes. it is a real question.

A. I want to get 400,000 miles out of my truck so I can post on BITOG and brag about.

Q. What was your oil bill last month?

A. It was about $430. I had a lot cash saved up. Oil prices had been high for the last 9 months and I had been doing little purchasing, but know that prices have come down I have been buying oil that I currently have no use for. Life is great.

Q. You have no use for the oil but yet you buy it?

A. Yes

Q. Why?

A. Because its cheap, and someday I will use it. Then I can go to work and brag about my $15 oil change when everyone else is paying $60.

Q. So you like to brag?

A. You bet, I got 460 quarts of oil. Didn't pay more then $2 a quart for any of them.

Q. Wow, you are a thrifty shopper?

A. yep

Q. Any adivice for novices and newcomers wishing to play the oil market.

A. Sure, you got to be relentless in stopping in at Walmart everytime you drive buy. You got to be quick with the plastic man, you gotta load up that cart everytime there is a markdown on oil. If you don't buy someone else will and then you won't be able to post on BITOG about your super awesome score. I mean rubbing it in the nose of another bitoger about your score is like better then sex, man. You gotta give up a lot of free time if your gonna score big.

Well that concludes our interview with "Oil Leak".

Originally Posted By: Johnny
That's pretty good. This should almost be in the humor section.

What makes you think that was humor? It may be humorous to some, but is probably pretty close to the norm on this forum.

Ehhh... I will wait for Supertech to drop a little more than the $9.50 it is at before I buy a few jugs.
I have already run out of space in my workroom for any more oil.
The Havoline DS 10w30 that went on Closeout at Walmart for $9 a jug is what is really taking up the majority of space in there.

The Canadian prices right now are cheaper than US. Whenever the price is "upside down", that means US shoppers are being ripped off. I filled up my stash with the equivalent of $8.50 for jug of Valvoline, and equivalent of $12,00 for jug of Shell synthetic.

You Americans are being had right now. The WalMart CEO heard about these bonuses and wants a huge one for himself. Do not buy, it is all overpriced. When US becomes cheaper than Canadian, and it always eventually will, then it is alright to buy again.

Originally Posted By: scoobie
The Canadian prices right now are cheaper than US. Whenever the price is "upside down", that means US shoppers are being ripped off. I filled up my stash with the equivalent of $8.50 for jug of Valvoline, and equivalent of $12,00 for jug of Shell synthetic.

You Americans are being had right now. The WalMart CEO heard about these bonuses and wants a huge one for himself. Do not buy, it is all overpriced. When US becomes cheaper than Canadian, and it always eventually will, then it is alright to buy again.

There is only one problem with your analysis. Walmart sells motor oil cheaper than any other retail store in the US (unless it is on-sale somewhere).

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
$15????? yawn.. FAR oil is the way to go.

Join us next week when we interview Cutehumor on his groundbreaking economic theory of the "FAR". We will get in depth details on how you pay up front for items but yet they are free!!! Free After Rebate, is the economic theory that is most praised for its chances of winning noble prize this year. You won't want to miss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back