Moto G4 Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our daughter got an early Christmas present this weekend, in the form of a Moto G4 Play. I've had great service from my G4, and we expect no less from the Play version. It was on sale at both Amazon and Motorola for $129, so Best Buy matched those prices (theirs was $149). She wanted an iPhone, but she decided a new Motorola was a better value. I'm proud of her for making a choice based on value rather than emotion.

The display is better than I thought it would be. It's not a 1080 display like my G4, but it's really no less sharp unless you're REALLY looking for pixels. You can see them, but it doesn't jump out at you as a poor display. I like that it has a removable mini SD card AND a removable battery -- kudos for Motorola/Lenovo for that. It seems to have a sturdy build quality and, as with the larger G4s, the rubbery back panel provides a perfect compromise between grip and slide-it-into-your-pocket-ability.

Great deal at $129 outright.

I bought one of them for myself back in September when they launched. Since I've never owned a high end smartphone this one seems pretty darn decent to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back