Mothers Day plans

Well I'll be grilling some burgers and chicken while celebrating it with my Wife, Mother-in-law, Sister-in-law and Daughter, whom is carrying her first child, so technically she's a Mom too. I'll definitely be thinking of my Mother that I lost way back in 1988 when I was 17. That was so long ago, but I have a lot of good memories. Cherish every moment, because one day they won't be there.
Of course, I get to change the oil, rotate the tires, and change out the PCV valve in my Sister-in-laws Subaru. Jeez, she puts a lot of miles on that car! I guess the beer will have to wait until I'm done. (Happy Mothers day to her I guess) :unsure: :)
Thunderstorm chances tomorrow, hopefully they hold off.

I'll definitely be thinking of my Mother that I lost way back in 1988 when I was 17. That was so long ago, but I have a lot of good memories. Cherish every moment, because one day they won't be there.

I lost my mom back in 1987 when I was 18. Not a day goes by that I’m not thinking about her and missing her. I would give anything to have even just one more second with her.

My Mother passed away from Covid last Thanksgiving . When people ask me what I'm going to do for my wife for Mother's day , I tell them she's not my Mother . She has two sons . That's their job .

Grilling steaks for mom 🥩. Let’s hope the wind and rain holds off it’s been so windy here the last few days. She told me and dad she wanted steaks for Mother’s Day so we said ok. So tomorrow we are getting up early to go to Sam’s Club to get the steaks probably ribeye or strip steaks. Have to figure out what to get her too. We usually let her pick out stuff, she wants a new chair for her desk she found a nice one she likes at Walmart so I will probably head over in my truck and get that. Not sure if sister and her husband and kids are coming over or not or if they are doing something at their house. Other than that not doing much probably will clean the basement more if I have time.

My Mother passed away from Covid last Thanksgiving . When people ask me what I'm going to do for my wife for Mother's day , I tell them she's not my Mother . She has two sons . That's their job .
That’s a cold hand to play. Technically correct, but chilly none the less. Prepare to be reminded of that regularly.

I made sure to call my mother—she’s about 1,000 miles away so no visiting.

My wife decided she wanted some dirt for yard work so I made a couple of trips to Home Depot, and will help move dirt. I don’t see any meat on the counter to thaw so it’s likely we will order in tonight. Forgot about getting any flowers (but she’s been planting stuff in earnest so maybe she doesn’t need any).

That’s a cold hand to play. Technically correct, but chilly none the less. Prepare to be reminded of that regularly.
Nope . My wife is on board with that . She's pretty grounded when it comes to those things .

Getting ready to call her, she just turned 89 and lives south of Denver in Florissant in a nursing home.

Funny story I like to tell, my wife doesn't get along with her mother and they haven't spoke in years, well that part isn't funny, but she always got her dad a mother's day card/gift since she figured he played both roles.

Nope . My wife is on board with that . She's pretty grounded when it comes to those things .
You’re a lucky guy. Out here in Jersey that would never fly. They would tell you “that’s ok” but then it would go into a forever file. It would be like a IRS audit or a mob hit when it was finally played. You would barely remember why and never see it coming.

My wife understands that things are a little different this year with everything going on. We haven't really been apart in the recent past so I never got her card and in the past a card would have been good enough anyways. I wished her happy mother's day this morning and she said "it's just another day". The kids and I made lunch and let her relax and read a book while we cleaned up afterwards. I called my mother this morning too to wish her a good day.

Back