Mother lode found! and questions!

Allright guys, You have made me curious about the green stuff and after a bunch of looking found several bottles of the M04 variety. But to make this work I have to figure a way to get the wifey to go for it because I want to buy up all I can. She drives a lot in her job. The car is a 2002 Camry 4 cylinder. Have done a UOA on Schaeffer 5w30 Series 7000 at 6500 and got great results bu t looked like the life of the oil was near its end. My question is,and I use LC now by the way. Would it seem reasonable to use the GC, LC and do a VOA at maybe 8000 miles or is that too long to wait. Gotta do the numbers on this one! Thanks very much in advance. Greg H

Given how loyal the Green GC fan base is, buy it all, sit on it 6 months, and sell it here for $10 a bottle. Tell your wife it's your new part time job.

I would stick with the Schaeffers... mainly because I won't change my oil brand for only (1) oil change. If the green was readily available, then I might consider a change... but not for only (1). Also... GC holds up for the same 7K neighborhood in any analysis I read. Living in Georgia, I would move up to 10W-30.

quote:
Originally posted by Triple_Se7en: I would stick with the Schaeffers... mainly because I won't change my oil brand for only (1) oil change. If the green was readily available, then I might consider a change... but not for only (1). Also... GC holds up for the same 7K neighborhood in any analysis I read. Living in Georgia, I would move up to 10W-30.
BLASTPHEMY!!!! How is 10w30 going to give better protection cuz he is in Georgia. I am in Vegas, desert, and i use GC.... Besides, once he hears the music and sees the light, he will be converted.... "If i have to explain, you wouldn't understand". just imho, ymmv darrell sin city

I believe the GC with Lube Control could go 10k miles. Make sure that you use a premium oil filter like the Wix/NAPA Gold, Amsoil SDF, or the M1 Champion Labs filter. That being said, I had a great report using the Schaeffer Blend 10w-30 in my 94 Altima (oil abuser) for 10 months and 6,500 miles. Like your report, the Schaeffer's was at the end of its useless life.