Most you ever went on a factory fill?

250k miles? It'll be a 25 yr old car by then so who cares at that point? There's probably a laundry list of non-lubricant related issues to address.
That's only 10,000 miles a year. I could do that in a couple months if I was still at my previous job.

I've never heard of a BMW with any kind of oil related problem , ever
Oh? ;)

Customer states “needed a boost to start” Found this in the splash shield. LOL

45714507-CC6C-4855-97EE-793348E05C29.jpeg

My first new car 1981 dodge challenger 4 cyl had 7k miles on factory fill and dealer did the oil change around 33$.Too much money then on my budget so I stop by K mart on the way home bought me wrench 17 mm,oil filter wrench,funnel etc since then I did my own oil change for like less than 12$ then.

So 11000 miles is just under 18000km, first change on that Kia is due at 15000km (in Oz), so not really a big deal, it's only a little over.

I went the full 15000km on factory fill in my Outlander, no issues, still runs great. Wife just got a new Impreza last week, first oil and filter change is due at 12500km, however I'm going to change them early, probably at 5000km. Will it make any difference? I highly doubt it, but I'm doing it anyway!

I plan on going the full 10k on the factory fill in my Taos, and will get a UOA done as long as the dealer gets the sample when I ask them to.

10k miles on original oil in our '11 Camry. I kept with 10k OCI's until after 100k, then since then I've bumped to 5W30 and alternated on 5k and 10k OCI's. No oil consumption at 235k.

2,215 on the Odyssey. We didn't drive the Atlas at all really during the '20-'21 school year so I wasn't ready for how fast the miles added up.

I wanted to do 500, 1500, 3000, 5000. Oh well.

5K on the factory fill and on 95% of the OCIs afterwards. It's just easier to remember them every 5K; I'm already on a forum about engine oil, I don't want to make my life any harder.

Factory fill has a lot of yummy molybdenum in it. I run it the full oci.

i had heard or read that before, and some say that the factory fill is a special blend or some Moly was added to whatever bulk oil is used at the factory.

However the Blackstone report for my new Jaguar showed only 6 PPM of Moly against the universal averages for that oil of 93 PPM.
On the other hand, it showed 23 PPM of Titanium against the universal averages of 9. The oil was Castrol Edge Professional EC5 which is a special blend for Jaguar/Land Rovers. For whatever reason, the JLR engineers have determined that high Titanium levels in the additive pack are beneficial to their engines. I was surprised by the low Moly level.

On an unrelated note, got to say I was pretty impressed with this Kia Carnival. I’ve never seen one up close before - it’s big, kind of an SUV look to it - interior was very nice. The person who owned it was coming off a Jeep Gladiator and needed the extra space, and they love this thing so far. I’m not sure how I feel about the new KIA emblem/logo...to me it’s a bit much...kind of looks like something a kid would stick on their car to stand out. But I don’t know? Maybe it grows on you.

30,000mi on a Cummins B6.7 in a reefer box truck. Still had the out of the factory red painted filters when I did the first oil change.

Speaking of reefer, LOL I need to get the hours on the original fill on the Thermo-King reefer diesel engine whenever I get the chance. Two years on the original fill!

Last edited:
8400 miles, Mobile 1 High Mileage Extended Performance. TBN was 3.1 (Blackstone Labs).

4,400 miles on my 2014 Mustang GT at the one year mark. I used the OLM after that for oil changes for a while and now I just go every 5,000 miles regardless of time. I think the last time the oil was changed was in May or June of 2020 and the oil may have about 3,000 miles on it now.

How many rental cars go by the OLM? Probably all, and they don’t seem to have problems. I have bought 2 in my past.

I had a rental Fusion that has very obviously had the OLM reset with no change.

We had two F150’s that went long on fills. One was a 5.0 and had about 25,000 miles on the original fill. Never had a problem with that truck.

The 2.7L that went about 30k had visible smoke and became a heavy oil burner later in its life.

Back