Most Robust/Stout 20/30 wt Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curiousity/poll...

What do you all think is the most robust/stout off the shelf oil in a 20/30 weight, excluding HDEO.

Thought that come to my mind...ML Syn, ML Blend, M1 HM..

your thoughts? Interested to see what everyone has to say!

Castrol HM 10W-30. Starts at 12.1 cst, and goes on in adds about how it 'resists burn-off better than other oils' etc....

Have seen at least one UOA where it held a thick 30-weight visc. over 4.5k miles and one year.....

Mobil 1 10W-30 High Mileage. 100C cSt is 11.79, HTHS is 3.66, ZDDP is 1000, extra antioxidants, moly, boron, and a full synthetic formula.

Robust in what way? There are racing oils that are robust in anti-wear additives but weak for longer drains. There are oils that are good for long drains but are SM rated so lower additives.

Are you meaning in terms of long drains, additive wise or some middle ground not yet defined?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: BTLew81
I'd say build for long drains, high TBN, PAO, and good add pack.

Lets see
12.gif

Long drains, is a PAO and has a high TBN with a well balanced add pack. I don't know who that could sound like?
21.gif
Maybe Pabs or Gary would know.
LOL.gif

Amsoil is a bit pricey but their Signature Series (SSO), is the the cream of the crop in my opinion. I really like their products and extended drain intervals that are possible. I don't run it as long as they claim it's good for, but I always get fantastic UOA's from it.

I'm thinking of trying PP after I use up my Amsoil stash, to see what the numbers are in comparison to my Amsoil runs, because if I can get as good of UOA's as others on this board but with a cheaper-cost product then I will switch.

Just my 2 cents! :)

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Redline 5W-20 is the best 30 weight oil I've used.

That gem is quote-worthy!

Here's a recent one from my cam grinder:

Originally Posted By: Jay Allen
A TRUE 4* advance or doing the Stevie Wonder and simply tossing it in 4* adv on the chain and simply hoping for the best?

There is a right way which requires work or the wrong way for those who simply don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back