Most reliable weather forecast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I'm going to Fort Myers this weekend for a 3 day getaway (Sat-Mon) and so I'm very hopeful for warm sunny weather, obviously. But in checking the various sources for weather out there I'm getting different opinions on how the weekend is going to pan out weather wise. I'm just wondering for those weather buffs in the US, who do you find is more reliable? I'm checking the Weather Channel, Accuweather, the National Weather Service, Weather Underground, Time and Date.com, weatherbug.com, willyweather.com, intellicast.com and the general consensus is that Sunday is going to be a crappy day but some of the forecasts seem to show both Saturday and Monday being all cloudy too, while others say I should see a good amount of sunshine those two days.

I'm hoping the National Weather service's forecasting is the most accurate, as it seems to be the best forecast of the bunch.

Around here we have a saying . The only 2 people that try to predict the weather are new comers and fools .

You pay your money and you make your choices .

I think they are all hit and miss IMO. If your tickets are bought I would quit worrying because you can't change the weather, and just go enjoy yourself.

Originally Posted by tmorris1
I think they are all hit and miss IMO. If your tickets are bought I would quit worrying because you can't change the weather, and just go enjoy yourself.

Did my wife tell you to say that?
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I usually don't worry about it too much for longer trips, but for a short trip like this I'd be super bummed if we don't get at least one full sunny warm day.

periods of darkness followed by light around dawn (idea stolen from George Carlin) is about as accurate as it gets in these parts. Long range forecast is a snowier than average winter. Look into indoor events in case of rain.Whatever, it is bound to be warmer than staying home. Have a good time.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Weather Underground has been the most accurate for me.

That's what the people we're staying with in Fort Myers say too, but they are Canadian snowbirds, so I wanted to get the opinions of you guys that live in the US and check the various weather sites a lot.

Originally Posted by Patman
I usually don't worry about it too much for longer trips, but for a short trip like this I'd be super bummed if we don't get at least one full sunny warm day.
Are your tickets refundable?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Even if they are, we'll still go, as this was my wife's birthday gift to me (Saturday is my birthday and SW Florida is my favorite place to be)

Even if they are, we'll still go,

OK, so why stress about weather forecasts at this point?
smile.gif

smile.gif

Because even here at home I'm obsessed with the weather, I check the forecasts constantly
smile.gif

smile.gif

Because even here at home I'm obsessed with the weather, I check the forecasts constantly
smile.gif

Ha! I do, too, only to be disappointed once again with its inaccuracy.
smile.gif

Up here I have found the Weather Network to be very accurate, although it wasn't always that way, they have only been this good for the past couple of years. Their head office is in Oakville, so maybe having their team of meteorologists there helps us get a very in depth look at our local weather
smile.gif

I promised my wife I would not check any of the weather forecasts before we go to Varadero Cuba on January 1st though, hopefully I can stick to that promise!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back