Most Reliable Cars of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Vincenze

I wonder how you can clean the valves with walnut shell blasting without a disassembly?
Don't you have to take out the valves? Maybe, it's possible without taking out the head, I don't know.

I checked information about the Skyactiv engine. It's actually not rebuildable as the block is aluminum. You just buy a new one.
---
Here is a forum about problems with the Miata NC: https://forum.miata.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=119
230 pages of different problems.
Of course, there are fewer problems with the ND as it's still under warranty.

An expert on DI valve deposits who knows nothing about the walnut blasting procedure; interesting.
Out of those 250 pages, please cite the posts where Miata owners report having to rebuild their engines at 100k miles.

I wonder how you can clean the valves with walnut shell blasting without a disassembly?
Don't you have to take out the valves? Maybe, it's possible without taking out the head, I don't know.

I checked information about the Skyactiv engine. It's actually not rebuildable as the block is aluminum. You just buy a new one.

This right here, gentlemen.

Post of the year.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Post of the year.

Yep. That deserves a triple facepalm.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Post of the year.

Yep. That deserves a triple facepalm.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by edwardh1
Originally Posted by buster
Toyota and Mazda top the list with (3) models each. *These lists are questionable so I take them with a grain of salt.

Link

So you would think a fiat or a jeep is more reliable rhan a toyota?kmy?J?21

My wife has a 2018 Cherokee and a Toyota couldn't be more reliable. The Jeep has been flawless. Also, the Jeep is the most American made car today and it's union made in the USA.

We almost bought a new Cherokee Trailhawk. The plan was to replace the Wrangler but the CPO X1 turned up and I kept the Wrangler- win/win.
Still, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Jeep if it met my needs.

Originally Posted by MCompact

An expert on DI valve deposits who knows nothing about the walnut blasting procedure; interesting.
Out of those 250 pages, please cite the posts where Miata owners report having to rebuild their engines at 100k miles.

Yes, I don't buy DI engines, why would I need additional problems and know how to fix them?
For me, it's not a big problem to take out an engine head, disassemble it, and clean valves and passages thoroughly.
It's difficult to clean deposits even when you have a valve in your hands. I can't imagine how you can clean it inside of the head with all deposits flowing inside of the engine.

Here is a topic with a list of blown Miata engines of some forum users.
Though, it says that the engines were just thrown away, not rebuilt.
https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=508225

Last edited:

Yes, I don't buy DI engines, why would I need additional problems and know how to fix them?
For me, it's not a big problem to take out an engine head, disassemble it, and clean valves and passages thoroughly.
It's difficult to clean deposits even when you have a valve in your hands. I can't imagine how you can clean it inside of the head with all deposits flowing inside of the engine.

Does someone have a four facepalm meme?

Originally Posted by edyvw

So, where we can go and buy LC70?

The Jeep Wrangler TJ with the 4l engine is an American equivalent.
I think it's still produced in China.

It's the 4l engine that brought Jeeps a reputation of super reliable vehicles.
Of course, it was replaced by a 2l engine in the current model.
Now the Wrangles is in the Consumer Report's list of the most unreliable vehicles.

Valve deposits are cleaned when the valve(s) in question are closed. Unless the valve has leakage past the seat (a bigger issue), nothing gets into the CC.

As for Al block engines not being rebuildable, I've built and rebuilt too many Al block engines to even begin to recall them all.

Do you want to say that if a Miata had a refined iron-block I6 engine from the 90s, it would be less reliable than the current aluminum one with DI and other ecological stuff?

I read that Mazda develops a new engine for the next Miata that works like a diesel. It will be economical, but will it be reliable?

Last edited:

Do you want to say that if a Miata had a refined iron-block I6 engine from the 90s, it would be less reliable than the current aluminum one with DI and other ecological stuff?

I read that Mazda develops a new engine for the next Miata that works like a diesel. It will be economical, but will it be reliable?

That engine is not for the MX5 but will be used in their current Mazda3. It's already available in Europe.

Why the hangup on iron blocks vs aluminum? Automakers have been using aluminum for many years now. It's not new.

Next thing you'll gripe on is that Mazda engines are cast and assembled for the most part by robots.

That engine is not for the MX5 but will be used in their current Mazda3. It's already available in Europe.

Why the hangup on iron blocks vs aluminum? Automakers have been using aluminum for many years now. It's not new.

Next thing you'll gripe on is that Mazda engines are cast and assembled for the most part by robots.

Much like a neutered dog, he just doesn't get it.

Originally Posted by edyvw

So, where we can go and buy LC70?

The Jeep Wrangler TJ with the 4l engine is an American equivalent.
I think it's still produced in China.

It's the 4l engine that brought Jeeps a reputation of super reliable vehicles.
Of course, it was replaced by a 2l engine in the current model.
Now the Wrangles is in the Consumer Report's list of the most unreliable vehicles.

What? What this has to do with my question how this relates to this article and "world"
It seems you have no clue what you talking about, period.

Originally Posted by 02SE

Valve deposits are cleaned when the valve(s) in question are closed. Unless the valve has leakage past the seat (a bigger issue), nothing gets into the CC.

As for Al block engines not being rebuildable, I've built and rebuilt too many Al block engines to even begin to recall them all.

It not reaching to him. Just give up.

I'm just curious why the Miata ND is the most reliable vehicle.

Are there any reports, for example, that its engine can run over 300k miles?
I, for example, see many examples of old BMW cars over 250k miles with their original M30 and M50 engines. But many new BMW engines are unreliable.

Last edited:

I, for example, see many examples of old BMW cars over 250k miles with their original M30 and M50 engines. But many new BMW engines are unreliable.

I agree with you there. Miata seems like a random selection.

The Mazda SkyActiv engine's have proven to be very reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back