Most INTERESTING NAME of a person you met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a service porter/luber goober named , Hansavan Sourangsala .
Born in Arkansas , but of Laos decent - we call him "Thy" , and I have no idea why.

Went to HS with a cute girl who had a crush on me.
Her name was Mishy.

Found out later her name was actually Michelin

Sounds 3 star.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Her name was Mishy.

I expect a few members (who know who they are) to be along any minute to discredit her..

smile.gif

A very beautiful customer of ours is named Xiomara, though that was very interesting. We have an Asian customer who's name is Dong Qi (donkey), speaks no English whatsoever but drives a Cayenne Turbo S, and wife has a Panamera Turbo. Go figure.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Her name was Mishy.

Might it have been "Micheline", and was she out west?
I know a Micheline and she is late 40s or so.

I worked with a woman whose first name was Janal...in of itself, probably not that unusual - her mother was Janice and her father was Al. The interesting part is that throughout her school and work life everyone thinks she's black because of her first and last name and often look for someone other than the blue-eyed, fair-skinned Caucasian in front of them....almost like the job candidates names might be out of order or she didn't hear the name right in role call and somehow answered in error...it's hilarious. Then half the time people will think Janal is a typo and are looking for a black guy named Jamal.

/\
that's is pretty funny
lol.gif

In my case it's the opposite. My name is Stanley. Last name is pretty Caucasian as well.
Given where I grew up, interests, and education many presume I'm Caucasian from my resume, only to be amazed when I show up to an interview.

To add to the confusion when I speak on the telephone, there's no trace of any ethnicity other than Caucasian.

Basically I'm the textbook definition of "juxtaposition"

Originally Posted By: Danno

Might it have been "Micheline", and was she out west?
I know a Micheline and she is late 40s or so.

By "out west", do you mean the prairies?
The one I know is in Alberta and in her early/mid 30's.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Mike Hunt.

I've know two different people with that name. I worked with one at an A/C manufacturing plant that has been in the news a lot recently. That guy had duties in two different departments (one on the production floor and the other in the office area). It was always funny when the women from the office needed to page him - they put a lot of emphasis on saying "Michael". His boss on the floor often referred to him with a completely different name ("Your _ _ _ _ _ ").

Maybe the oddest name was Plernpiss Poteet (not sure of the exact spelling).

I am aware of a kid in my child's school who has a name that gives a "Boy Named Sue" a run for his money !

The family surname is "Pullar" and yes, true to form - the family named this poor kid - "Axel"

YES ! I c r a p you not !! The kid's name is "AXEL PULLAR"

CRAZY why someone would name someone so deliberately silly and in such a tongue-in-cheek way !!

In another vein, my father always related the story about a farm that had a family named "BUTTS" that moved off the farm due to a sale of it... and the new resident's name.... the "REAR" FAMILY !!

YOU CAN'T MAKE SOME OF THIS STUFF UP FOLKS !!

BurrWinder

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Sandy Beech
and her sister,
Sunny.

We have a Radio Disc Jockey named Sandy Beach (not his real name).
------------------------------------------------------------------
Also a Funeral Home named Amigone.
http://www.amigone.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back