Kia Forte: 35 mpg

Nissan Versa: 35 mpg

Toyota Corolla: 35 mpg

Kia Rio: 36 mpg

Hyundai Accent: 36 mpg

Honda Civic: 36 mpg

Hyundai Elantra: 37 mpg

Mitsubishi Mirage: 39 mpg
Wow. That is some pitiful mileage for all of those. The Corolla hybrid gets 52!

I understand this is a list of legacy technology cars but I don’t know why anyone is buying non-hybrid cars now. Hybrids are smoother, more powerful, quieter, cheaper to maintain, and save a ton on fuel. If you compare the non-hybrid Corolla vs the hybrid version, a driver will spend an extra $5600 on gas (at $4/gallon) to get to150K miles.

2000 VW Beetle TDI 49 highway 42 city and that is low I got over 55 mpg on the highway and 46 city, non hybrid, imagine if it was one.
The trick was to condemn the diesel alone or a hybrid if they wanted to push the agenda. Going into a dealership and driving out with a 100 mpg diesel hybrid could not be allowed under any circumstances, so transparent.

The major improvements for diesels are being overlooked and not really mainstream discussed. People cannot be allowed to make their own buying decisions, we must be manipulated in the direction the agenda overlords dictate.

At what emissions level? and what crash protection level?
Wrong question, at what horsepower is a better one.

In terms of the ancient Subaru those who had the expansion chamber rust out replacing it with an antique 2 way cat that is dimensionally correct have found the car emits less grams per mile of all pollution types compared to a 2001 Buick Lesabre, CO2 emissions per mile are a 1/3 less, NOX is similar, VOC is lower. Even without a CAT mod those who have to smog pass.

Using modern technology most any modern car could get 50+ mpg while passing emissions and crash but with underwhelming performance.

The Mitsubishi Mirage 1 liter car that we don’t get from reports appears to be +5mpg over the 1.2 Americanized version .

The mirage is a 1900lb car that passes all emissions and crash requirements and the motor is built to be cheap and simple but not for fuel economy.

Your argument is invalid because our market does not demand efficiency over horsepower

Last edited:
My Chevy Sprint once got 62 mpg on a tankful back in the day. It was safer than a motorcycle.

1.jpg

Funny how antiques like a Subaru 360 could get a real 60mpg but we can’t do it anymore
Exactly. They claim, "oh, but you have bluetooth and foam filled bumpers!" that engine design is somehow not able to offset for better mpg out of a simple NA gas engine. We need electric motors, batteries, displacement on demand, plastic drivetrain components, etc to come close to the mpg of a 1986 Sentra.

:LOL:

My 2003 Mitsubishi Evo8 got 10-12 mpg tuned. But Da...mn was it fun. ;)

2000 VW Beetle TDI 49 highway 42 city and that is low I got over 55 mpg on the highway and 46 city, non hybrid, imagine if it was one.
The trick was to condemn the diesel alone or a hybrid if they wanted to push the agenda. Going into a dealership and driving out with a 100 mpg diesel hybrid could not be allowed under any circumstances, so transparent.

The major improvements for diesels are being overlooked and not really mainstream discussed. People cannot be allowed to make their own buying decisions, we must be manipulated in the direction the agenda overlords dictate.

You have to thank VW for its emissions testing cheating technology.

as i always note technology NEVER rests BUT it must be financially feasible! and of BIG $$$$ must accept new tech IF it dont hurt the profits!! todays cars continue to pork up like most of us + meeting emissions adds to the challenge. i believe solutions are available but it must be profitable to market!!

In terms of the ancient Subaru those who had the expansion chamber rust out replacing it with an antique 2 way cat that is dimensionally correct have found the car emits less grams per mile of all pollution types compared to a 2001 Buick Lesabre, CO2 emissions per mile are a 1/3 less, NOX is similar, VOC is lower. Even without a CAT mod those who have to smog pass.
I don't follow this--
  • I'm not familiar with this car, so I'm not sure what modification you are talking about. I think you are saying, the original exhaust fails, and for some reason, the owner puts on a cat and has good luck?
  • But while it's interesting that this old car is about the same as a 2001 Buick... problem is... a 2001 Buick isn't up to date with today's standards
  • And technically, a Subaru 360 only has to pass emissions for the year of manufacture. Not today's emissions limits
It is an interesting argument, and you are right, the Mirage does admirably for what it is (lackluster sales notwithstanding).

Back