most durable solar battery maintainer for SOUTHERN states.

I'm putting one of my cars in long term outdoor storage because of parking space shortage at my house. No nearby charging outlets near where I am taking it. It's the start of summer here in south-central TX. I've have a small Harbor freight charger with the windshield mount cups, and I'm sure it still puts out a charge, but I need something durable and cost effective where the panel plastic frame around it will not warp and melt in the hot sun. I don't want to roll the dice on a no-name SCAMAZON product, no matter how appealing they look, without a recommendation first. I want something durable. Anyone tried anything that holds up? Thanks.

I have had success with Zamp Solar and a SolarPulse charger by Pulsetech. Overall the SolarPulse seems to be the most durable and both are very reliable. The SolarPulse is available in many sizes/charging capacities. Check out the Zamp Solar 10 watt and 20 watt units!

www.zampsolar.com

www.pulsetech.net

VW uses solar panel chargers that plug into the OBD-II port to keep the batteries fresh.
But don't use them on other cars as it may keep some modules awake and draw more power than the charger puts in. If you're putting it in long term storage why not just take the battery out and keep it on a charger at home. And cover the car.

Southern states have a bigger temperature issue... so you definitely want something with good temperature compensation.

Back