MOS2 anti- friction or anti- wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does both. In liquid form it is an anti friction agent. However, it is also designed to bond with metal and create a coating of sorts which is it's anti wear role. Use it with confidence!

one of the main ideas behind it is it creates a film on parts and provides a dry lubricant if oil were to stop flowing. i had an oil line blow off and drove a while before i noticed smoke smell(was at night), i'm convinced this is what saved my motor since it had 3 quarts out of 11. i tore the engine down(due to piston top chipping of due to lean condition) and all bearing surfaces, crank journals, cams all looked like they had 10,000 miles not 77,000 miles.

i have also seen pictures on here showing how it coated the cam lobes on and engine i can't remember. i'll try to dig it up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o188xwlfb7vcz16/resurs.jpeg?dl=0

I've posted some pics before, that's an old diesel. Right is 30 miles after adding MoS², left shows how it sticks in 190 miles. Engine runs nicely, but I was hoping to get significant mpg benefit and now it's hard to measure. Maybe this engine was too good to start with, hot idle oil pressure was slightly below 2 bar before MoS² and it's still the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back