MOS and Rotella perfect mix ?

Since I started experimenting with mos2 I haven't found an oil it doesn't mix well with. Subjectively they seem to run more smoothly and quietly, and there are tales of moly'd oils leaking oil through a cracked sump and the moly allowed some 'drive home ability'. Objectively I never tested it. In theory you should see lower wear metals in a UOA, slightly more mpg, and a little less NVH. Beware of using it if you burn oil, fouled up plugs an plugged up cats..

I had this exact question a while back. Olas is right it seems to mix well with anything. Since both moly and ZDDP are at their best at higher temps, I sometimes wonder if MoS2 would be better mixed with an oil high in boron instead. Have not tested that idea yet. But I use it with PYB and do a lot of short tripping. I am now of the opinion the "plating" effect of the MoS2 covers the short tripping well, so mix it with anything, stick with the combo you like. JMO.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I had this exact question a while back. Olas is right it seems to mix well with anything. Since both moly and ZDDP are at their best at higher temps, I sometimes wonder if MoS2 would be better mixed with an oil high in boron instead. Have not tested that idea yet. But I use it with PYB and do a lot of short tripping. I am now of the opinion the "plating" effect of the MoS2 covers the short tripping well, so mix it with anything, stick with the combo you like. JMO.
L-M MoS2 additive has some boron in it.