More Than 100 Dogs Taken From House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad.
smirk2.gif

There are things in this world that tick me off, get under my skin and reinforce my disdain for the general public. This goes beyond that. People who do these things to animals need to be taken out and beaten with a red-hot branding iron.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Dogs Taken From Dearborn MI Home

I was actually on Philly.com and read that story, and was not to shocked to see that it was near me in Detroit. Ever watch Animal Cops Detroit on Animal Planet?? Horrible how some of these people live, not to mention how their pets are living.

Dogs Taken From Dearborn MI Home

I used to work with a guy who raised Persian cats that he would sell for profit. I was in his house one time and the stench was unbelieveable. Cats were all over the place having their litters all over the place. This house has hardwood floors with lots of wood trim on the doorways.
My co-worker lost the house and they cannot sell it because of the stench. Been unlived in for 3+ years now and they can't sell it on the court house steps. It will be razed.
It sounds like this guy had the same mentality.

I believe dog "licence" should be just that, a licence to OWN a dog. Liability insurance and a clean criminal record should be part of that, and of course, no animal issues.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I believe dog "licence" should be just that, a licence to OWN a dog. Liability insurance and a clean criminal record should be part of that, and of course, no animal issues.
Some people should not own dogs. And some people (usually the same people) should not have kids. This person must be mentally deranged.
21.gif

Some people should not own dogs.

When my kids were young all the kids in the street used to play on the road and roadside....sometimes a dog used to be with them and it seemed a bit aggressive to me.I asked if it had ever bitten anyone and they said it had sometimes.Next day I saw the dog ranger when she was filling her ute at work,and I told her a dog had bitten some kids in my street.''That's all I need'' she said ''They aren't allowed to keep dogs anymore.''

When I came home that day there were 3 dogs laid out on the side of the road....she picked them up later.They should do that to some of the kids around here too.

I have to be careful how I word this, as the anti-exotic/anti-pet crowd tends to use these views as justification for their continual push of legislation that punishes the majority of responsible pet owners for the sins of the few idiots that shouldn't even be let to live, much less own an animal.

That said, I firmly believe there should be a required license to own any and all pets. I don't care if its a hermit crab, you need to take a test and sign a form saying you understand about its care etc. Add a small fee to pay to the test materials, I don't care.
Warehouse style pet stores like Petco and Petsmart are part of the problem. People buy a pet because its cute or cool to own, but in the end they are totally clueless about its care.

As the owner of a couple reptiles, I see this kind of thing everyday. Nobody seems to care though, because of the animals lack of fur. I know people who replace their pet reptile a couple times a year because they keep killing them from lack of care. Their logic is, why spend money to care for a pet that only costs $40 at petco?
Makes me sick...and part of me wishes they were outlawed, as at least the animals wouldn't constantly be abused like this. That said, I love my lizards to death, and they make great pets when cared for properly.

But anyways, animal cruelty of any kind should be severely punished, not necessarily because its an animal, but because its a living creature that is completely at our mercy. You lock a human child into a cage with no food and you'll be lucky to see the light of day again. Do the same thing with a pet, and nobody seems to care. A human child and a pet are both helpless and at the mercy of the adult responsible for them. In my eyes, this is the same offense...

People like that are sick. The real problem are those that fail to spay/neuter pets and many breeders. I include many ''reputable'' breeders as part of the problem. For all their sanctimonious talk about improving the breed, show dogs are much less healthy than service dogs where health really is taken seriously.

pzev has a good post^^.

I don't care if someone wears fur and eats bacon at every meal -
and also steps on every bug along the way.
But torture and chronic abuse are sickening.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
they should let me at that dog hoarder with a Louisville slugger...

I'm all for euthanizing those who harm people or animals due to lack of mental functions, but the thought of beating a "confused and disoriented" old(ish) guy with a baseball bat is beyond even my violent tendencies. This is a very unfortunate situation for the animals and the man. I don't think the man could have any reasonable comprehension of what's happening around him and still live in conditions like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back